2019 Jeep JL Rubicon Start Stop Issues

cdierks215

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sahara
I just got my 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon and I'm having issues with the start stop or the transmission. I will drive it and it looses power. Mostly when I'm stopped and I start to go. I even turned off the start stop feature. Today I floored it and the RPM went up, but the Jeep didn't move. At park it acts like it wants to die, and sometimes shakes, and that is with with start stop turned off. It almost acts like bad gas, but I don't think that is it. The issue started around 700 miles, which, matches a complaint from someone who bought a 2019 Jeep Cherokee.

Need help, is anyone having this issue?
I have a new 2019 Sahara. This happened to me, as well. I was stopped at red light, felt a lurch, the car directed me to shift to P and then back in drive, and then the engine light came on and the car wouldn't move. It has been back at the dealer for the past week and they told me it was just a "glitch" with the system, but they want to hold it for a while because the error codes are indicating an issue with the transmission. This is my first Jeep, and so far it has been a nightmare, I was at 400 miles when it stalled.
Sponsored

kippowens

First Name
Kipp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just had these exact same symptoms hit me today on my first off road trail with my new 2019 JLUR (4cyl) - it's a week old.

First time it dropped me backwards off a rock while mid-climb. Full shutdown. It rallied a bit and I didn't have any major issues for about an hour (one glorious hour!). :)

But then... the battery light started coming on and off and it ended up dying completely, requiring a jump two different times and a check engine light popped up. Eventually, it asked to put it in park and back into drive (which had happened three or four times already), but drive would not re-engage. I was stuck. I had to disconnect and reconnect the battery to get drive to re-engage and with help was able to limp out.

4L seemed to really exacerbate the issues and the bomb siren sounding fan (I know that's a known...feature) seemed to be on non-stop, even on the way down with no AC, no vent, no screens. I'd say it was overheating, but I didn't see any indication other than a gut feel that that was the case.

I was able to get back to 4H and eventually 2H for the ride home and it drove fine. Appointment is set for the first available slot at my nearest dealer. Really hope they're able to fix things up. It was an incredibly frustrating and discouraging experience.

If you all have had any repair success stories, please let me know. It sounds like battery, alternator, wiring harness, fuses, and fuel pump are all things I should ask about.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Check the fuses and relays. Many of us have found over 50% of them loose and you can hear them snap in when you push down on them. Loose fuses and relays can cause a bunch of different symptoms and send techs replacing all kinds of parts on a wild goose chase. It only takes 1 minute to check. Also, when the vehicle is warm/hot, it can cause things to expand/contract, making connections intermittent in the fuse box.

Last edited:

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Check the fuses and relays. Many of us have found over 50% of them loose and you can hear them snap in when you push down on them. Loose fuses and relays can cause a bunch of different symptoms and send techs replacing all kinds of parts on a wild goose chase. It only takes 1 minute to check. Also, when the vehicle is warm/hot, it can cause things to expand/contract, making connections intermittent in the fuse box.
This is great news!
Just bought a 2109 JLUR yesterday and surging at 50 mph on the highway like the torque converters of old, or the ESS was kicking in. I went home that night, pushed all of the fuses in and no more surging on the way to work. Man i hope it was that simple! Btw all of my relays and larger fuses were EXTREMELY loose! I could push them down approx 1/16" to 1/8". Crazy.
If not i have a feeling it only does it on long stretches of highway at hotter temps, like 100* outside. Ill use 89 petrole and see if it helps.
Really liking this vehicle, dont need issues!
Sponsored