2019 Jeep Colors revealed, including New BIKINI color

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
It’s mopar tradition. You must be to young to remember mango tango, sassy grass, and plum crazy, to name just a few on old muscle mopars back in the day.
What Jeeps have to do with muscle cars I don’t know , but still mopar tradition.
I don't think anyone aside from enthusiasts remember color names anyway. I can remember my '76 (non-super) Beetle was Viper Green Metallic. I know my '62 Beetle convertible was Ruby red (before I stripped it to bare metal). Apparently my Jeep is technically Bright White, but the last guy who saw it and complimented it called it Stormtrooper white. I like some of the goofy color names, even if I can't figure out what they have to do with the color itself (i.e. why is Bikini teal?)
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I don't think anyone aside from enthusiasts remember color names anyway. I can remember my '76 (non-super) Beetle was Viper Green Metallic. I know my '62 Beetle convertible was Ruby red (before I stripped it to bare metal). Apparently my Jeep is technically Bright White, but the last guy who saw it and complimented it called it Stormtrooper white. I like some of the goofy color names, even if I can't figure out what they have to do with the color itself (i.e. why is Bikini teal?)
Well if I were a designer, I would have used the naming meeting as an excuse to call in bikini models. The one wearing teal was the hottest...soooo teal became bikini.
Or maybe that was just a dream I had once ;)

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Jeep dropped the ball on the 2019 colors. They really needed to add either Diamond Black Pearl from the Grand Cherokee or some type of a metallic red. Guess it's down to flat black or flat red when we place our Rubicon order next month.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep dropped the ball on the 2019 colors. They really needed to add either Diamond Black Pearl from the Grand Cherokee or some type of a metallic red. Guess it's down to flat black or flat red when we place our Rubicon order next month.
Funny because I like really bright non-metallic shades. No matter what they do, a chunk of people will want the opposite. :)

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I think Jeeps should have like three “families “ of colors. I’d describe them as standard colors, beach colors, and woodsy/ earth colors. I think the last category has been lacking in18/19.

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I assume it's for the Bikini Atoll

f-maledivy-kanifushi-1305.jpg

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think Jeeps should have like three “families “ of colors. I’d describe them as standard colors, beach colors, and woodsy/ earth colors. I think the last category has been lacking in18/19.
I think since they constantly use their military history as part of their brand identity, there should always be an olive drab and a sand color.

Sponsored

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Funny because I like really bright non-metallic shades. No matter what they do, a chunk of people will want the opposite. :)
I hear ya. Was hoping they'd add the metallic red (maybe a darker shade) and still keep the original firecracker. Same with the black.

Kaliks&Bones

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Wish bikini wasn’t late availability. Would like to purchase by January.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500

Opusmor44

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hard Rock Rubicon/Mohave sand
I was hoping for a Mango Tango color. That was the color of my first Jeep and I really liked that color. I have a Sand color now and like this too but am thinking of getting a new JL. I do like the Bikini.