I love Teal!! :rock:

93Cobra5.jpg

Sponsored

Schultzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Why does Jeep hate us so much not give us Commando Green or Sahara Tan? I've been watching these color threads for months in anticipation of this day...and its requested over and over.

I don't know how much longer my '07 JKUR can hold out (179k+ miles)! I might just have to buy one of the three shades of gray and go the Line-X route for $3500.

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
Suppose he wanted the tease to last...

I just wanted a military style color...:/

An Olive Green, Tank Green (my favorite), Sarge Green...or even Gobi / Sahara...anything to go by.

I suppose someone with a good dose of irony might say that Sting-grey is Wehrmacht styled?

Sponsored

JEEPN X 4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
This Bikini color looks VERY similar to a color that hasn't been on a Wrangler since the 1998 TJ... that color on the '98 TJ was Bright Jade Satin Metallic. I believe that the paint code in '98 was PQP.

This was a pretty rare color on the TJ, almost no one had it, but it was the color of the TJ notoriously owned by a fellow on the forums by the name of "TJRON". He was very active on the old original Jeep usenet newsgroup (basically the genesis for all of the various Jeep forums that are around today), as well as the old JeepsUnlimited forum that no longer exists.

The guy was a legend, crazy 4wd guy that had this modified Jade color TJ and a Warn M6000 winch that he took just about everywhere. He passed away in 2004 when he was out on the trails in his Jeep and it rolled over when he wasn't wearing his belt.

He had an affectionate name for the color... let's see if anyone here remembers...

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
In my opinion, I think all of the color names sound "cartoon-ish" that jeep is coming out with. Not the color themselves but the actual names of them.

I couldn't imagine telling a group of bikers to not park so close to my "Punk'n" Jeep and expect not get laughed at. Again, not the color, but the name of the color.

I bought black and I guess I'm not cool.

Let the snarky responses start in 3.......2.......1.
It’s mopar tradition. You must be to young to remember mango tango, sassy grass, and plum crazy, to name just a few on old muscle mopars back in the day.
What Jeeps have to do with muscle cars I don’t know , but still mopar tradition.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
In my opinion, I think all of the color names sound "cartoon-ish" that jeep is coming out with. Not the color themselves but the actual names of them.

I couldn't imagine telling a group of bikers to not park so close to my "Punk'n" Jeep and expect not get laughed at. Again, not the color, but the name of the color.

I bought black and I guess I'm not cool.

Let the snarky responses start in 3.......2.......1.
Me too

AACD3CE1-64EB-498C-BFAD-BF597B4ACE0C.jpeg

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Why does Jeep hate us so much not give us Commando Green or Sahara Tan? I've been watching these color threads for months in anticipation of this day...and its requested over and over.

I don't know how much longer my '07 JKUR can hold out (179k+ miles)! I might just have to buy one of the three shades of gray and go the Line-X route for $3500.
Jeeps hold their value. Just buy grey or something and trade it in for an army colored one when they finally do come out. It would probably wouldn’t actually cost much.

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
I'm keen to see how the Bikini colour looks in the flesh. I think it would look good splattered with the orange Aussie dirt/mud. I am also curious about what colour range we'll get here once the JL finally makes it to Australia.
However I agree with the notion that most of the colours are just boring. It is almost worth considering getting a boring, high resale colour and getting it wrapped....
Sponsored