Sponsored

2019 Jeep Cherokee Refresh

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I liked the bold shark-nose front end of the current model. Lots of people complain about it, but I see plenty on the road so they must be selling well. I think it has aged really well too. We didn't appreciate it while we had it.

The new one just looks too tame. I don't think the new look is going to age well. The rear is better though.

No mention of eTorque, which is really surprising.

FCA seems to be going nuts with the engine options across all models these days. Wonder why they are only using MultiAir on the low end engines though.

Locking rear diff option is cool on Trailhawk.

I can't believe this thing gets 1000 lbs better towing capacity than the JL.

I think overall this is a great daily driver.

Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Oh wait is that the Compass or the Grand Cherokee? They all look the same now....

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a Billet Silver 2014 liked it except for that horrible 9-spd abomination of a transmission.

20160822_152821-2.jpg

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I had a Billet Silver 2014 liked it except for that horrible 9-spd abomination of a transmission.
Did they ever fix the problems with that ZF9 automatic transmission?

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know. I got rid of mine before they got the 4th "fix" for the transmission. They were going to replace the whole trans wiring harness. I took a huge hit on depreciation and traded it in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Can someone explain to me what the difference is between a traditional transfer case like in the JL and a "Power Transfer Unit" like in the Cherokee?

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I think I liked it better before the redesign. At least it was unique looking, now it looks like every other SUV.

Thankfully, my Wife's 2016 Cherokee has the latest version of the 9spd and it works great. Although, I've never seen it enter 9th gear. I think you have to be going like 90mph or over.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone explain to me what the difference is between a traditional transfer case like in the JL and a "Power Transfer Unit" like in the Cherokee?
Transfer cases are typically used with longitudinal engines, like you would see in a Rear Wheel drive vehicle. They are usually on the rear of the transmission. They transfer the power inline from the engine (front and rear)
PTU are used in traverse mounted engines, like in a vehicle that might normally be front wheel drive. They are usually mounted on the side of the Transmission, near the half-shafts. They have to route power at a 90 degree angle (side to the rear)

Last edited:

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Big improvement IMHO
Sponsored