JoeFromPA

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 M3
Hi all,

I'm having great joy working with Kate at Courtesy Jeep in Coatesville PA, but I need a little guidance on what type of pricing I should be able to accomplish.

Kate is working hard to find in-stock Jeeps at dealers within 150-200 miles and has found me several acceptable examples in the $42-46k MSRP range. On one the offer was 6.3% below MSRP or about 2% below invoice.

At the same time, she's offering the more traditional 5-7% off invoice pricing if I order it. To be transparent, we'd like to take delivery this month before Memorial Day weekend hence we would prefer in stock.

What is a reasonable percent off to expect a dealer to achieve on an in-stock unit potentially from another nearby dealer? Help set my expectations right so I also treat Kate, who has been good to a number of forum members, well.

Thank you,

Joe
Sponsored

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
The deals vary quite a lot depending on the region, so perhaps someone from your area can chime in. 7-8 % below MSRP is what I see here on 2019's on the lot. 2018's get 10 -12% off MSRP.
On base Sport models discounts are less compared to Sahara/Rubicon.
Also, I read the plant is going to be shutdown for a month or so for Plug in hybrid re-tooling, so if you order it could take a while.

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Hi all,

I'm having great joy working with Kate at Courtesy Jeep in Coatesville PA, but I need a little guidance on what type of pricing I should be able to accomplish.

Kate is working hard to find in-stock Jeeps at dealers within 150-200 miles and has found me several acceptable examples in the $42-46k MSRP range. On one the offer was 6.3% below MSRP or about 2% below invoice.

At the same time, she's offering the more traditional 5-7% off invoice pricing if I order it. To be transparent, we'd like to take delivery this month before Memorial Day weekend hence we would prefer in stock.

What is a reasonable percent off to expect a dealer to achieve on an in-stock unit potentially from another nearby dealer? Help set my expectations right so I also treat Kate, who has been good to a number of forum members, well.

Thank you,

Joe
Hi Joe,

I worked with Kate to get a custom order wrangler. You are better off ordering one you want. She had mine built and delivered in 2 weeks. In stock wranglers will not have a higher discount than custom order. Why, well its a extra sale and not part of dealer allocation. They don't pay interest on the vehicle, they don't pay keeping it on lot. Its a bonus sale. I would honestly tell Kate to order you a custom Jeep, the one you want. Plus if its at another dealer and she pulls it, might cost you transport.

I got 5% below invoice on a custom order rubicon. If you have question pm me. good luck.
Sponsored