Sponsored

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
After a brief hiatus from a Wrangler, I picked up my 2019 Hella Yella JLUR on Sunday. Factory ordered and delivered to the dealership in 39 days. Originally, was going to order Punk’d to keep with the Orange, but changed my mind when I arrived at the dealership to place my order.

Previous 2013 JKU
bqavh2b.jpg

Pic of the new project after arriving at the dealer
rAgFGeu.jpg

Lots of lessons learned from building my JKU, but most importantly learning to do things right the first time. Here’s the current items that are going to be installed in the coming weeks:

RK 2.5 X-Factor
Falcon 2.1

37x12.50x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
17x9 Method 312

Metalcloak Skids
Metalcloak FAD Skid
Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders
Motobilt Diff Covers

Stock piling parts since Black Friday. Big thanks to Marcus @River City Offroad for the help and great prices on parts.

16iExSn.jpg

tcs1F7f.jpg

3kNQXtb.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Drove the JLUR home from the dealer and started the install of the Rock Hard 4x4 sliders. Was really worried about snapping the two front body mount bolts, but thankfully heating up those bolts with a torch definitely made pulling the bolts a lot easier. The other body mount bolts took no effort with a breaker bar.

9MtnkcA.jpg

ZrD4QCP.jpg

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I to have the Hella Yella Rubicon JLUR and I'm curious what those bronzed Method 312's would look like with the yellow paint.

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
I to have the Hella Yella Rubicon JLUR and I'm curious what those bronzed Method 312's would look like with the yellow paint.
I actually ordered them in matte black.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Got a few more goodies today... unfortunately Fedex decided to treat my wheels like pinatas on it's journey to my house. One wheel got some damage.

STFyl3P.jpg

oAxzp74.jpg

Going to start prepping for the lift install in the coming weeks along with getting the wheels/tires mounted.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Drove the JLUR home from the dealer and started the install of the Rock Hard 4x4 sliders. Was really worried about snapping the two front body mount bolts, but thankfully heating up those bolts with a torch definitely made pulling the bolts a lot easier. The other body mount bolts took no effort with a breaker bar.
Nice JL. I pick up my factory ordered Hella Yella sport S today or tomorrow. I am very excited.

I have LoD sliders waiting in my garage and I too worry about snapping those body mount bolts. Did you just heat up the bolt heads directly? Is there a rubber isolator to worry about melting?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Nice JL. I pick up my factory ordered Hella Yella sport S today or tomorrow. I am very excited.

I have LoD sliders waiting in my garage and I too worry about snapping those body mount bolts. Did you just heat up the bolt heads directly? Is there a rubber isolator to worry about melting?

Thanks in advance.
Yup, just heated the bolt heads directly. Probably only did it for 3-4mins. No issues with the rubber isolators.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Enabled scared cat mode...installed the Rock Krawler 2.5" X-Factor lift with Falcon 2.1 shocks today. Drives pretty well/comfortable... pretty comparable to stock.

Wheels/tires and alignment will be done on Monday.

f1yFsGD.jpg

Rh3Y3aA.jpg

HRu4Lqk.jpg

6XZR0Ox.jpg