OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
“But, but, you don’t need to re gear a Rubicon.” It does make a big difference. Drives much better, tranny works like it is supposed to, and MPG’s actually go up.

Jeep looks good.
I was on the fence about regearing, but really glad I did. I always see people saying their rig rides/performs like stock after installing different mods, but I can definitely say, the jeep performs like it did stock now with the 4.88s and 37s. There is definitely a very noticeable improvement.

I was also debating going to 5.13s, which seems to be the consensus on the forums and FB groups. I'd be interested to drive a rig with 5.13 to see the difference, but at the end of the day, I don't think it was worth it for my commute to take the mpg hit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Added two more cylinders to my JLU...

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 392 Anvil Build YA30slT

After a year of convincing my wife, she finally approved letting me upgrade to a 392 in Dec 2022. I factory ordered a Punk'n (non XR due to it being discontinued for the 392) in Dec and it was delivered in March. I decided to pass on it because I wanted to find an used 392 XR (didn't want to deal with regearing and wanted the additional upgrades that came with a XR). Actually signed the paperwork for an used 2022 392 XR when they announced the refreshed 2024. Walked away from the used 2022 and put in a factory order for a 2024 in May. The new one was built at the end of August and was delivered the morning before the UAW strike.

Fate would have it that when the 24 was going through PDI, the owner of the Punk'n I previously ordered happen to bring it into service and park righted behind
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 392 Anvil Build JXO26hx

Anvil wasn't my first choice in color, I normally would go with something louder, but with the standard red seats with the 392s, I thought Anvil was the best choice.

I have to say this is probably the first Wrangler I've owned that I would be happy keeping stock. The exhaust tone is amazing in person.

Spent a couple weeks earlier this year completely stripping all of the mods off my old JL and returning it back to stock. I got to enjoy driving a stock wrangler and forgot how fun it was to drive. And how much better my fuel economy was without all the armor/weight and 37s.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 392 Anvil Build orI6wJ3

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 392 Anvil Build ieGZIJJ

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 392 Anvil Build uJtzQrK

I kept a lot of the mods from the hella yella and will start the installing them in the coming weeks

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Latest updates... PSC front bumper, Methods/37s and Rockhard4x4 sliders on (all swapped over from my 2019).

Decided to go with the Expedition One bumper without the tire carrier this time. Went with the Teraflex alpha hinge kit instead and like it better than the bumper with the tire carrier on my 2019.

Probably going to get hellwig rear sway bar and armorlite full flooring kit during BF. Going to need to save up on some engine skids and a 2.5 RK lift and shocks.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 392 Anvil Build ObkFMm2

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 392 Anvil Build JtQUOX5
Sponsored