Sponsored

2019 Forward Collision Warning- Is there any AEB?

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I have not found an answer on this forum, and Jeep chat says they don't know cause no 2019 manual yet. I did find this question asked twice and never answered.

Will the 2019 advanced safety group Forward Collision Warning system only beep a warning, or will it be a version of FCW with some element of automatic emergency braking? I presume there is no AEB as far as FCW goes, but FCA has used multiple terms to describe such safety features on other models. Obviously the ACC does use brakes automatically, so if ACC is engaged and someone suddenly pulls in front of me in my lane, would ACC react with braking?

(Please don't respond if you only want to tell me I should not drive if I am interested in this technology. Thank you in advance.)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I have not found an answer on this forum, and Jeep chat says they don't know cause no 2019 manual yet. I did find this question asked twice and never answered.

Will the 2019 advanced safety group Forward Collision Warning system only beep a warning, or will it be a version of FCW with some element of automatic emergency braking? I presume there is no AEB as far as FCW goes, but FCA has used multiple terms to describe such safety features on other models. Obviously the ACC does use brakes automatically, so if ACC is engaged and someone suddenly pulls in front of me in my lane, would ACC react with braking?

(Please don't respond if you only want to tell me I should not drive if I am interested in this technology. Thank you in advance.)
Donā€™t have an answer for the Wrangler but the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee have Foward Collision Warning with Active Braking.

I canā€™t imagine Jeep would not include Active Braking with a FCW system considering the potential lawsuits that would follow, especially if their other offerings include Active Braking. The lawyers would have a field day. But then again, we are talking about FCA so anything is possible. Heck the Sport and Sport S donā€™t even include day time running lights. Please tell Jeep itā€™s 2018!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Akbill

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
thanks. Yes I think they market that with two names: FCW plus, or FCW with AEB, so not sure there is any AEB. Maybe AEB would be more complicated with a lifted vehicle... does anyone know the answer re AEB- does it come with 2019 advanced safety group?

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
thanks. Yes I think they market that with two names: FCW plus, or FCW with AEB, so not sure there is any AEB. Maybe AEB would be more complicated with a lifted vehicle... does anyone know the answer re AEB- does it come with 2019 advanced safety group?
I believe the forward collision is just a warning beep without the active braking.

Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Curious to know as well how this will work seems you need the braking for ACC so the forward collision will be likely with braking. Assuming this will be hard to retrofit if not impossible on 2018s but always a shot. Rumors on the JT Wrangler Truck forums with spy shots show this module on the recently spotted trucks which is rumored to be the sensors and camera.

620EB4EF-7A44-410C-854F-AE2A85A74D52.jpeg

whelan007

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara Unlimited
From the download of the Canada order guild list this

ALP ADVANCED SAFETY GROUP E E E E E ā€¢ ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL WITH STOP (NH3) - W/DFT ā€¢ ADVANCED BRAKE ASSIST (BGG) ā€¢ ENHANCED ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL (NH1) - W/DEM ā€¢ FWD COLLISION WARN/ACTIVE BRAKING (LSU)

Can't believe they would give emergency braking for Canada and not US. If so I would have to cancel my order.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-for-canada-2-4-door.15000/page-3#post-364714

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
T
From the download of the Canada order guild list this

ALP ADVANCED SAFETY GROUP E E E E E ā€¢ ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL WITH STOP (NH3) - W/DFT ā€¢ ADVANCED BRAKE ASSIST (BGG) ā€¢ ENHANCED ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL (NH1) - W/DEM ā€¢ FWD COLLISION WARN/ACTIVE BRAKING (LSU)

Can't believe they would give emergency braking for Canada and not US. If so I would have to cancel my order.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-for-canada-2-4-door.15000/page-3#post-364714
Why doesnā€™t the US description say active braking then? Something tells me itā€™s not there. Iā€™d love to find out also. I ordered a 2018 because I thought it was no big deal having only a warning chime but AEB is something Iā€™d want.

OP
OP
Akbill

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
T

Why doesnā€™t the US description say active braking then? Something tells me itā€™s not there. Iā€™d love to find out also. I ordered a 2018 because I thought it was no big deal having only a warning chime but AEB is something Iā€™d want.
Hopefully someone on this forum has a connection at FCA and could try to get this question could be clarified. Jeep chat told me they can't say until there is a 2019 manual. It makes a difference to me also in terms of what I would want to own.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
T

The Canada press kit does not mention active braking, only warning, same as US press kit so maybe there is hope the press kit is just lacking detailed information.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Akbill

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
OK, I got the word from my high volume dealer Kent Shurlief at Peterson Jeep in Nampa Idaho. (Kent is great to work with and will get you a good deal on a jeep).
He says that the adaptive CC will bring you to a full stop and will resume if car in fron moves in less than 2 seconds (like some other jeep models); He says the FCW will apply brakes but ONLY up to 30% of full braking, it will not make an emergency stop automatically, but it does get you a head start and certainly will get your attention. He advises that it may be a maintenance cost problem after the warranty is out, especially if doing much off roading.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Imagine some confuses their Adaptive CC braking for FCW braking and feels the initial 30% braking, but by the time they realize it's not their adaptive cruise control braking it's too late :cwl:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
OK, I got the word from my high volume dealer Kent Shurlief at Peterson Jeep in Nampa Idaho. (Kent is great to work with and will get you a good deal on a jeep).
He says that the adaptive CC will bring you to a full stop and will resume if car in fron moves in less than 2 seconds (like some other jeep models); He says the FCW will apply brakes but ONLY up to 30% of full braking, it will not make an emergency stop automatically, but it does get you a head start and certainly will get your attention. He advises that it may be a maintenance cost problem after the warranty is out, especially if doing much off roading.
Watch these.

He got it to stop once on its own.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Well , that sounds like a prescription for a JL to rear-end an innocent driver , one way or the other . Ever heard of driver's education ?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Imagine some confuses their Adaptive CC braking for FCW braking and feels the initial 30% braking, but by the time they realize it's not their adaptive cruise control braking it's too late :cwl:
How about using their foot and their brain and maybe saving other's lives ? What are you gonna do if there is a motorcycle , a bicycle , or a jogger ? How about going slower and drive properly in the first place ?
Sponsored