webibeay

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler - 2017 Grand Cherokee
Hi Folks -

Hoping you can be of some assistance - I have a base 2019 JL Sport and this week I've run into an issue where my headlights/fog lights have started turning themselves on when the truck is started, and off when ignition turned off. There's no way with the switch on the dash to turn either the headlights or fog-lights off with the switch... basically if the truck is turned on, so are the headlights/fog lights.

I don't have LED's or anything like that - this is the most-basic wrangler JL sport/2-door with a 6-speed.

Any thoughts on how to stop this? They worked fine with the switch last week.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the switch itself is bad. Definitely a dealer warranty fix.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Make sure the headlights aren't on auto. If they're not, take it in - you have an electrical issue and it will only get worse. Since it's fogs and headlights, it most likely is the rotary switch. Good luck

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Folks -

Hoping you can be of some assistance - I have a base 2019 JL Sport and this week I've run into an issue where my headlights/fog lights have started turning themselves on when the truck is started, and off when ignition turned off. There's no way with the switch on the dash to turn either the headlights or fog-lights off with the switch... basically if the truck is turned on, so are the headlights/fog lights.

I don't have LED's or anything like that - this is the most-basic wrangler JL sport/2-door with a 6-speed.

Any thoughts on how to stop this? They worked fine with the switch last week.

Thanks in advance!
Hi webibeay,
Thanks for sharing your concerns with us here- have you had a chance to address this with your dealer yet? We would be happy to offer our additional support to your service via private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored