2019 2-Door JL Sahara

PNWJeep

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S (2-door)
Hi All. I'm about to customer order a new 2-Door JL Sport S, however I can't help but feel that I really want a 2-Door Sahara. Does anyone know if these will be coming out in 2019? Or why Jeep only offers the 4-Door version? Thanks!!
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
While a 2 door Sahara would be nice to have, it really isn't that much different than a Sport S with options. The only thing on my Jeep that I couldn't get on a Sport S are the LED lights.

If you want to spring for something like a painted hard top, LED lights or other higher level option the Rubicon 2 door is your only option for 2019. Unless you live in Europe, where a 2 door Sahara is sold.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
what he might be looking for, i am, is a 2 door with full time 4-wheel drive option.
Not available. 2 Doors only have part time transfer cases, at least for 2018 and 2019.

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Sahara has bigger brakes and the ability to have proximity keyless entry in addition to the LEDs already mentioned. Selec-trac, heavier duty suspension, upgraded Uconnect and display are other options I don’t think are available on the Sport or Sport S, at least in the US.

OP
OP
PNWJeep

PNWJeep

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S (2-door)
Sahara has bigger brakes and the ability to have proximity keyless entry in addition to the LEDs already mentioned. Selec-trac, heavier duty suspension, upgraded Uconnect and display are other options I don’t think are available on the Sport or Sport S, at least in the US.
Thanks all. Yeah, that's exactly it. Upgraded display, wheels, and maybe a few other goodies. Seems like the price for a Rubicon jumps up tremendously and I don't need some of the standard features there. Ah well. Maybe I will talk myself into a Rubicon...haha

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all. Yeah, that's exactly it. Upgraded display, wheels, and maybe a few other goodies. Seems like the price for a Rubicon jumps up tremendously and I don't need some of the standard features there. Ah well. Maybe I will talk myself into a Rubicon...haha
You can get a Sport S to easily exceed the base price of the Rubicon, so there is some overlap. You might want to check out depending on what options you want.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I really struggled with the decision because I wanted a lot of the creature comforts of Sahara and Rubicon and some specific visual aspects and by the time I configured them from the factory + aftermarket for what I couldn't get factory, the prices weren't far apart for any model. I really want the Rubicon look but also want LSD and Selec-trac (which aren't available on Rubicon) and proximity key (which isn't available on Sport/S) so I went with Sahara, which hopefully gets built this month.

The proximity key thing baffles me. I would've been happy with a Sport S if I could've gotten it or added it on. I know it's a first world problem type of thing but I've had it with a few vehicles now and freakin' love it. My dealer has 50+ Wranglers and not a single one has proximity key (or tow package, for that matter - I think they like to sell it as an add-on). A member on this board even bought and installed all the handles and other parts but couldn't get it to work. I'm sure it's security related but FFS, Wranglers aren't exactly known for being secure. Makes no sense to me why this cannot be added on post-factory.

Oh, well. Hopefully my 2019 will be welded properly and will steer straight. LOL. /sigh

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Why is that? Don't you enjoy your Rubicon?
Love the Rubicon. It is probably going to be more Jeep than I need, and I do more sand driving than rock crawling. And, from what I understand, the LSD differential on the sand is more useful than the combination of the Open / Locked axel of the Rubicon.

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Love the Rubicon. It is probably going to be more Jeep than I need, and I do more sand driving than rock crawling. And, from what I understand, the LSD differential on the sand is more useful than the combination of the Open / Locked axel of the Rubicon.
I hear you. But the Rubicon has a nice stance...don't forget. Most people don't use these vehicles to their maximum potential.

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
I pretty much exclusively use my Rubi in the sand and it has handled great. The sand here can be pretty soft and deep. I air down and use 4H and it drives like a champ. IF a 2 door Sahara were an option I probably would have gone with it because I will probably never use all the off-road features the Rubi has but I have no buyer’s remorse. I love this vehicle.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Why is that? Don't you enjoy your Rubicon?
Unless you’re doing black diamond type wheeling, the LSD is going to be more useful in day-to-day driving than having a Rubicon with lockers.
Sponsored