Occupation
Software

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Interesting article.

https://jalopnik.com/there-are-a-crazy-amount-of-2018-jeep-wranglers-still-o-1837792156

"According to a study by data firm iSeeCars, the Wrangler Unlimited and the Wrangler take the #1 and #2 spots for the models with the most leftover 2018 inventory. A full 16.8 percent of Wranglers on lots are 2018 models and a staggering 19.5 percent of Wrangler Unlimiteds are year-old SUVs."
Take that with a grain of salt. That article is a thinly veiled advertisement for yet another car search/buy website.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Take that with a grain of salt. That article is a thinly veiled advertisement for yet another car search/buy website.
Nah, Jalopnik was one of Gawker's news sites. (now called gizmodo media and owned by univision) They might be a bit click baity, but they do real car reviews and stuff. And then stuff like Dave Tracey's mail jeep lol. They generally like Jeeps there, and stick shifts. Especially stick shift brown wagons. xD

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
If it were true and you wanted a JL, some good research and willingness to except the choices on the lot could result in some significant savings. As well it should. Don't fall for the whole these things sell themselves & high resale value BS.

As a side note most of the leftovers are probably not Black...

Shields up...

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I've noticed that some people contact the dealers about those 2018s to find the dealer still wants MSRP, lol. In those cases I bet the jeeps originally had a 'market adjustment' tacked on or something.

I do remember a local dealer getting 4 hydro blue JKs that were nearly 2 years old. It seemed more like they got them from another dealer that went out of business or something.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikegcny

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
I've noticed that some people contact the dealers about those 2018s to find the dealer still wants MSRP, lol. In those cases I bet the jeeps originally had a 'market adjustment' tacked on or something.
Every dealer that I called re a 2018 would only do about 5% off MSRP, which means I am better off ordering a 2020 through a dealer like Criswell.

Amazing that there are so many 2018 JLs and the factory is now cranking out 2020s.

quicksilvergoat

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT 392
Dealers and Jeep need to accept that maybe they’re overpriced that they’ve turned off a lot of Jeep buyers. Couple that with over production and they will just sit. I’ve considered used but I’m not paying more for a used one than I can order a new one for.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Still see 2018 JKs @ our local lot too, having both JK & JLs as 2018s further confused consumers I would think. IMO they should have made a clean break from the JK rather than muddy the waters w/ two models running concurrently. For the uninformed customer I'm sure some had the wool pulled over their eyes (such as a bait & switch) :(

KCJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
There's an incredible amount of make-believe going on with dealer pricing of 2018's. I've been window shopping JLU's for nearly a year and keep putting off the purchase because surely the inflated prices can't persist...but every month there they are. Dealers I've talked to are barely willing to negotiate. Single-digit % off MSRP. In their minds it's still 2018. The longer it keeps up, the more obvious it is. Also means the inevitable price correction will be more dramatic every month it goes on.

Sponsored

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
There's an incredible amount of make-believe going on with dealer pricing of 2018's. I've been window shopping JLU's for nearly a year and keep putting off the purchase because surely the inflated prices can't persist...but every month there they are. Dealers I've talked to are barely willing to negotiate. Single-digit % off MSRP. In their minds it's still 2018. The longer it keeps up, the more obvious it is. Also means the inevitable price correction will be more dramatic every month it goes on.
I got mine from a dealer in town (st louis) for 5% of invoice back in 2018. it was super simple. told them what I wanted and what I wanted to pay. they agreed in about 2 minutes and ordered it that day. Happy with the transaction AND the JLU. If you want their name and the salesperson just let me know. they will give send me a referral bonus like most dealers.

KCJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I got mine from a dealer in town (st louis) for 5% of invoice back in 2018. it was super simple. told them what I wanted and what I wanted to pay. they agreed in about 2 minutes and ordered it that day. Happy with the transaction AND the JLU. If you want their name and the salesperson just let me know. they will give send me a referral bonus like most dealers.
Absolutely. I'm getting nowhere.

blb078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Absolutely. I'm getting nowhere.
I just ordered a 2020 JLUR from Jim Butler in Jeff City, I can PM you the salesmans cell number if you like? Received 6.3% under invoice.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Some of those 2018’s are JK’s but regardless the premise of the article is very true. I started out trying to find a “deal” on a 2018 but quickly found:
- the majority of 2018’s I found has tons of options I did not want
- were not the e terror color I wanted
- didn't have some of the options I really wanted
- dealers were not willing or sell them for much more than $7-8K off MSRP

The options part sucked. They would load them up with all the safety features, dual top, 2.0 w/etorque, 8.4 with alpine, etc, etc. Then would not have cold weather package? Really?

I found tons of black and white ones. Some dealers had like 5-6 loaded black Sahara’s but would only drop the price $5-6K.

I ended up just buying a 2019 with the exact color and options I wanted for 13% off MSRP but I didn’t pay for options I didn’t want in a color I didn’t love.

OP
OP
mikegcny

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
I ended up just buying a 2019 with the exact color and options I wanted for 13% off MSRP but I didn’t pay for options I didn’t want in a color I didn’t love.
Damn. How did you manage to get 13 off of a 19?
Sponsored