2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL Light Bar

JerseyJeepGirl

First Name
Michelle
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Folks,

I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL and think I'm interested in installing a roof mounted light bar. I tow my Jeep behind our motorhome and there are occasions we have been out and could have used the supplemental light from a light bar.

What are the pros/cons of a having a roof mounted light bar? As far as mounting brackets can't say I like the black mounting brackets so I'm assuming I can have those painted white to match my Jeep. The light bar would get occasional use so I'm not looking for a high end light bar rather something middle of the road. Appreciate any comments/suggestions anyone might have on mounting brackets and any recommendations on a suggested light bar to install. I'm also curious about where the light bar on/off switch is installed. I've seen wireless remote switches but not sure they are worth the investment or not. Lastly I've heard many comments about the noise created by a light bar with the wind while driving. Appreciate any comments on that as well.

Thanks,

Michelle :)

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
If you have the tow package you can wire it to one of the 4 aux switches. That’s my plan.
I know my buddies on a jkur causes soft top flap and noise. It’s annoying. He’s looking into some sort of air dam for behind it.

mwilk012

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
You’re going to have a hard time mounting above the windshield right now, there aren’t many options available outside of a full sized roof rack.

Advertisement

Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Advertisement