Sponsored

2018 Wrangler Sahara UL. 660 mi & it wants to go to service. (Email and Check Engine light)

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday when I went to lunch I noticed by backup camera did not display. When I went home for the day, it was functioning just fine. I also noticed that I am now getting the distortion/buzzing from near the center console that has been described in other threads. Then this morning I hit the remote start, and my Wrangler started, however, as I exited the house and got within 3 feet of the vehicle it shut off. I got in, started it, and went to work. On the way to work, I got an email from my Jeep asking to be taken in for service and the Check Engine light came on. I have had it about two weeks and 660 miles. ($45K+ and I can't even get 1000 miles??) I stopped by the dealership and they gave me an appointment for tomorrow afternoon and said that if the check engine light was not blinking that it was not a serious problem and sent me on my way without even plugging it up for 30 seconds to check the code. Great service there, Five Star Automotive Group. SMH. This is my first Jeep (My brother has had several and I have always been a fan) and this is not a great experience so far. I suppose I will update everyone on the outcome later.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GGguy77

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday when I went to lunch I noticed by backup camera did not display. When I went home for the day, it was functioning just fine. I also noticed that I am now getting the distortion/buzzing from near the center console that has been described in other threads. Then this morning I hit the remote start, and my Wrangler started, however, as I exited the house and got within 3 feet of the vehicle it shut off. I got in, started it, and went to work. On the way to work, I got an email from my Jeep asking to be taken in for service and the Check Engine light came on. I have had it about two weeks and 660 miles. ($45K+ and I can't even get 1000 miles??) I stopped by the dealership and they gave me an appointment for tomorrow afternoon and said that if the check engine light was not blinking that it was not a serious problem and sent me on my way without even plugging it up for 30 seconds to check the code. Great service there, Five Star Automotive Group. SMH. This is my first Jeep (My brother has had several and I have always been a fan) and this is not a great experience so far. I suppose I will update everyone on the outcome later.
Waited 10 minutes or so and then service writer came and got me. There is a switch on the transmission that needs replaced. That was in stock. However, the seal for the switch had to be ordered. I go back Friday for the repair.

unixfool

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU - Sting Gray 2.0L Hard Top Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to see that 2nd post. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

JeepNerd

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
I had this same exact issue that started this morning. Woke up this morning, having multiple problems with my JLUS. Yellow grille issue, noise when going over bumps after Mopar LIft and now the Check Engine Light. I am taking it into the dealership Friday morning. $55k for a jeep, these sort of things absolutely should not be happening. I hope they get it fixed!!
Sponsored