2018 Wrangler JL Waiting Room!

Be Crawlin You

First Name
Jasper Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jk Highly modified
Waiting room threads are fun for those of us who ordered, waiting to order, waiting to purchase, or just generally obsessing about the 2018 JL :involve:

This can be a place for us to shoot the $@!# while waiting... :)

I'll start. I'm 99% set on a JLU Rubicon in Firecracker Red. Just awaiting pricing to pull the trigger. Not too concerned on pricing because I'll be applying Tread Lightly Discount.
Thought you could use it on ordered cars?
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a JLU Rubicon with manual transmission and dual tops in Firecracker Red with body colored fenders. I'm hoping to get a VIN on it soon and a production schedule or shipping date. I just went in and told the sales manager I wanted 1% below invoice, and if I didn't get it I'd find a dealer who would do it. He instantly agreed.

I'd love to see this thing by Christmas, but I've got a feeling the manual transmission will slow it down. Late January or early February is probably more realistic. I ordered steel bumpers, so it will quickly get a Smittybilt X20 10k winch on it. I'll also pick up some front (only) splash guards and put a 10" light bar on the front bumper for extra trail lighting.

Anyway, folks that ordered just 4 days ahead of me are seeing shipping dates pop up. 12/11 was the first. My birthday is 12/17, so maybe I'll luck out! My dealer is only about a 3.5 hour drive from Toledo, so if they get that sucker on the truck, it can get here in a day.

Btw, if Ocean Blue comes available before my order locks up, I'm switching. Love the Red, but wife loves the Blue.

Ifghillbilly

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 lj, 1993 Mercedes 300D, 2014 Mercedes C250
Anyone have an idea of the build priority #? Mine, along with many others, is 99. I am seeing some people with 01. Hopefully that doesn’t mean we are pushed to the back!
I have been wondering the same.

John2018

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SRT 8 392
Can someone provide a basic overview of the difference between JL Sport S and JL Sarah (both unlimited). Thanks...john

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Can someone provide a basic overview of the difference between JL Sport S and JL Sarah (both unlimited). Thanks...john
Sahara has body-colored fenders, 18-inch wheels/tires, different bumpers, 7-inch uconnect, garage door opener, side step, upscale interior accents.

But as important gives you the ability to option up:

8.4 infotainment, leather, led lighting group, selec-trac AWD, body-color hard top.
Sponsored