Sponsored

2018 Wrangler JL Waiting Room!

RSjeep30

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude, 2019 2 dr Rubicon Ocean Blue Metallic [Hoping to order 12/18]
Occupation
Structural Designer
Excited for those of you who have put your orders on and I'm sure it's going to be hard to wait! It's going to be a longer wait for me, I'm eventually going for a 2 door JL, options to be decided.
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
For you guys who have ordered Rubicon's...does it not bother you that you can't order them with 4.10 gears? Do you plan on doing a re-gear?

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
For you guys who have ordered Rubicon's...does it not bother you that you can't order them with 4.10 gears? Do you plan on doing a re-gear?
I don't care much, but thats just my use case. My Rubi will be an overlanding rig and I don't have much need for 4.10s.

ColoradoJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Liberty CRD
I'm wanting a JL Rubicon with the Diesel. Unfortunately, it sounds like they are only going to offer the diesel in the JLU. I highly recommend the diesel. I take my diesel liberty out with Wranglers a few times a year. The diesel makes a huge difference off road, and on road you get much better mileage and performance. I cruise to Moab at 80 mph at 2,000 rpm, while my friends in Wranglers can't even keep up.

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1956 Oval VW, Model X
Not a bad move Pete. Though, it may be wise to consider financing a small portion -- rates are low. I did this with PenFed (https://www.penfed.org/auto/new-auto-loans) on another vehicle and invested the difference. I could have paid cash, but I can very easily beat 2% YoY. I always put enough down to ensure I am never upside down on the vehicle though. They even do balloon payments, which is pretty much like a lease, but it's a loan structured in a way where you just have a large balloon at the end of 36 months. It's a great move for a vehicle like a Wrangler that holds value. Payments also end up like a lease.
Great post and something to consider. Rates are really cheap right now, and even conservative investments can outrun the interest rate on the loan. What gets folks in trouble is when they finance out the gills to afford something. When the option exists to pay cash for a large asset, it is almost always a wiser "investment" to finance the vehicle and invest that cash in something that will earn you compounding interest.

Sponsored

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Waiting for soft top and pricing and then I'm in! This wait is killing me and seeing all the orders on this forum is not helping :headbang: :punch:

Eugene the Jeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in black
Very nice. What do you guys have planned?

Any other vendors out there already order one? Really curious to see how many vendors will have products available as soon as the JL starts delivery (which means they probably already had specs from FCA to work with).

As for me I’m waiting for a few weeks/months until a brighter color comes out. Then I’ll be ordering a 3.6L Rubicon JLU for me. :like:

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Ok, I put my order in. The Chrysler rep for my dealer doesn't have any information on the 4.10 gear ratio option, I am hoping it comes standard on a Rubicon. If not, maybe it has to do with the new transmission/gear combination that is in the Rubi along with their MPG target. Also, in my dealer's system, we initially checked the Alpine Premium Audio code and when we checked the Electronic Infotainment group, it greyed it out and zero costed the Alpine Audio group and as you can see, it is included in my order. So it is safe to assume that if you order the Infotainment group, you get the Alpine group by default.

IMAG0770.jpg

StefanV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and waiting for JLU
Anyone knows when the order books will be opened for Europe?

Sponsored

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Figured I'd have a seat in the JL waiting room too :) I'm not as far along as some of you who've already ordered but I'm probably just a few days away from placing an order for a Granite JLUR. Can't wait!

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Anyone have an idea of the build priority #? Mine, along with many others, is 99. I am seeing some people with 01. Hopefully that doesn’t mean we are pushed to the back!

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Where did you find this info out? I'd like to check mine and see if it has progressed...we both ordered ours last week!
I just called my dealer and asked. He said he had looked this morning and there were no updates. However, when he pulled up my order, he was shocked to see a VIN and the status change.

Looking forward to seeing the Vehicle Tracker function that should be coming to JLWF. Should be a fun tool to satisfy my OCD!
Sponsored