Sponsored

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Really bummed about the lack of rear side curtain air bags, was really hoping the JL would have them so I would feel better about driving with my two sons in the back. I guess I'll wait for the safety ratings to come out to make my decision. I really want a JL but the safety of my kids trumps that want. That said, love everything else about the JL from reading the manual.
Sponsored

eztarget

First Name
Ez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Sahara
Strong vote here for #3. And bring the half doors back too please, if they are planning on axing them.
Agreed! I'm in the market to retire my 1997 (yes that's not a misprint) Sahara that I bought brand new and I LOVE my half doors. There's just something about driving with half doors when the top is down that beats taking the door completely off. Here's what a 2017 looks like with both doors. Give me the half doors in the summer and full doors in the winter!

I
sahara_both.png

eztarget

First Name
Ez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Sahara
Really bummed about the lack of rear side curtain air bags, was really hoping the JL would have them so I would feel better about driving with my two sons in the back. I guess I'll wait for the safety ratings to come out to make my decision. I really want a JL but the safety of my kids trumps that want. That said, love everything else about the JL from reading the manual.
Yeah I know the feeling. I have a 10 and a 3 year old and my wouldn't let my oldest ride in my Wrangler (old 1997 Sahara) until he was 10. He he's big for his age at 5 foot and 85 pounds.

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I'm livid about this, but I'll hold back my rant until we know everything and I see the safety ratings

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
The manual transmission seems to have a short throw shifter. More like a car instead of a truck. What are peoples thoughts on that? I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I am still let down by the pronounced lack of:

1. "stow and go" "three equal sunroof panels" body color hard top, as hinted at in the best JLU renders.

2. Khaki Soft top featuring multiple sunroof panels in same clear vinyl soft top windows are made of.

3. Factory soft doors, in matching khaki

4. Eco diesel or full electric engine

5. Factory hyperlite hyperslim pop-up camper OR factory memory foam mattress for when flush-folding rear seat is down, on JLU.
Did you honestly think any of those options were coming? Give it a rest dude.

UN4GTBL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
You know what would be really impressive??? If this is a fake. 950 pages of diversionary tactics designed to mess with our heads.
This came directly from a customer facing Chrysler website.

I would know. I found it, and shared it at Allpar, and then when I came here to post it, it had *just* been posted by admin, albeit, re-hosted to not give away the original source.

I hate to be Debbie downer but I don’t think that is a picture on the cover of the guide. It is a photoshop of a picture that has been used before. While that doesn’t mean it isn’t representative of what it will look like it also doesn’t necessarily mean it is factually accurate. Here is same Pic from 2016 brochure. I think it was used before that as well. Could be a pic overlayed on same background but not certain. There was a similar issue I think when Anvil came out, the color was photoshopped on previously used brochure photo and was not a good representation. Just word of caution.

E9AC9FDE-D946-464C-9E7D-693D1D0798C7.jpeg
Chrysler has always had AWFUL photoshop, so I'm not surprised by anything they put out. Look at the initial images for the KL Cherokee. They all have headlights that were blacked out in photshop to match the production parts.

Good catch. The manual does look a little weird now. I don't know of any owner's manual that says "All New ___" instead of just Make and Model. Perhaps it is just JLWF.com's render of the manual cover?
It's legit, see my comment above to "chuck h"

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
I don't care about the electronics or safety stuff. Mostly I am interested in changes to key elements like the body, frame, hardtop and interior. For example, I was hoping for some kind of slick modular hardtop with multiple removable panels. Given this was billed as a re-design, that sounded like an opportunity for some creative engineer to significantly redesign the top. I saw some modular mockups of that sort of thing earlier on this site. But sounds like that is a no-go?

Also never cared for the tacked-on looking front fenders of the JK. Was hoping for a return to the CJ/YJ/TJ style fenders that are more integrated with the body. (Although I already figured that was not happening based on the spy shots.)

I like the early spy shots of the dash change, seems like less of a big slab compared to the current version.

Unless there are major performance changes in the engine/trans, I don't think hitting the pedal will feel all that much different. Maybe the 8 speed auto will improve the driving experience.

But overall the re-design doesn't seem to change much compared to the current JK. As mentioned by others, I don't think those images are legit on the pdfs, I doubt a doorless image would be on the front of the manual.

UN4GTBL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
I don't care about the electronics or safety stuff. Mostly I am interested in changes to key elements like the body, frame, hardtop and interior. For example, I was hoping for some kind of slick modular hardtop with multiple removable panels. Given this was billed as a re-design, that sounded like an opportunity for some creative engineer to significantly redesign the top. I saw some modular mockups of that sort of thing earlier on this site. But sounds like that is a no-go?

Also never cared for the tacked-on looking front fenders of the JK. Was hoping for a return to the CJ/YJ/TJ style fenders that are more integrated with the body. (Although I already figured that was not happening based on the spy shots.)

I like the early spy shots of the dash change, seems like less of a big slab compared to the current version.

Unless there are major performance changes in the engine/trans, I don't think hitting the pedal will feel all that much different. Maybe the 8 speed auto will improve the driving experience.

But overall the re-design doesn't seem to change much compared to the current JK. As mentioned by others, I don't think those images are legit on the pdfs, I doubt a doorless image would be on the front of the manual.
When the 2012 Charger with the 3.6L got the 8-speed transmission, it's acceleration improved significantly.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest Im a little let down. The new electronics (ie infotainment, aux switches, off-road programing, gauge cluster) are all nice upgrades however still using the same old seats is a huge let down for the interior IMO. Like someone else said if you paying for a fully loaded Rubicon near $60K some seats that look at least like a $40K vehicle would be nice. Also the modular rear windows for the power top only is a let down as well. The current JKU 3 pc hard top is a HUGE PIA to take off solo. They could of incorporated this across the line up without much of an issue. For me this isnt a huge deal since I'll be looking at the JT, but based on what I have seen so far if I was in the market for a SUV I would wait it out another couple years for the Bronco reveal to see what that offers in comparison.

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
Did I miss any details regarding the Back-Up Camera?

...Disregard....I found it.
Sponsored