Sponsored

2018 Wrangler JL Halogen to LED Foglights stop working. Mopar fog lights.

Robsatch5

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2.0T
So I have a 2018 Wrangler JL and it came with the halogen lighting package. Like most you I changed them to LED, headlights to after market LEDs and the fog lights to mopar LED fog lights. The fog lights worked for about a week and then stopped working. I checked the fuse box and the fuses don’t seem to be blown. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

JLURD Sarge Green

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Diesel, 1978 CJ7
did you ever find a solution. I’m currently having the same issue.

dawgvet98

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
I had the same issue. Apparently it burns out the LEDs running them on halogen settings. I've been trouble shooting mine all day and finally pulled a foglight from a second bumper, plugged it up...and voila, Fog lights. Plug the installed one back up and nada. Well, so much for "I just plugged mine up and they worked". That'll be $350 please

dawgvet98

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
So I have a 2018 Wrangler JL and it came with the halogen lighting package. Like most you I changed them to LED, headlights to after market LEDs and the fog lights to mopar LED fog lights. The fog lights worked for about a week and then stopped working. I checked the fuse box and the fuses don’t seem to be blown. Any suggestions?
I had the same issue. Apparently it burns out the LEDs running them on halogen settings. I've been trouble shooting mine all day and finally pulled a fog light from a second bumper, plugged it up...and voila, Fog lights. Plug the installed one back up and nada. Well, so much for "I just plugged mine up and they worked". That'll be $350 please

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Did you ever reprogram for the LED’s?

Sponsored

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cloudywithachanceofdevops.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2021 EcoDiesel JTR
Occupation
Web Engineer
I just had this happen on a 2018 JLU Sport. Fogs worked for about a week, then just cut off and won't come back on. I didn't realize there was an LED fog setting in the Tazer. I went to enable that setting, and they still won't come on. I'm guessing the fogs are toast being I hadn't changed the setting prior. Major bummer.

So many folks have had great experiences with this being plug and play, but it must not be the case for all situations. In my case, 2018 JLU Sport with halogen headlights and fogs from factory - the fog lights came from a 21 JLU Rubicon with LED factory.

Still trying to find a way to ensure the fogs are truly dead, but this feels like an unfortunately expensive mistake right now.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I just had this happen on a 2018 JLU Sport. Fogs worked for about a week, then just cut off and won't come back on. I didn't realize there was an LED fog setting in the Tazer. I went to enable that setting, and they still won't come on. I'm guessing the fogs are toast being I hadn't changed the setting prior. Major bummer.

So many folks have had great experiences with this being plug and play, but it must not be the case for all situations. In my case, 2018 JLU Sport with halogen headlights and fogs from factory - the fog lights came from a 21 JLU Rubicon with LED factory.

Still trying to find a way to ensure the fogs are truly dead, but this feels like an unfortunately expensive mistake right now.
Check for power at the lights. Make sure the BCM didn't just freak out and cut power. These lights can act weird.

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cloudywithachanceofdevops.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2021 EcoDiesel JTR
Occupation
Web Engineer
Check for power at the lights. Make sure the BCM didn't just freak out and cut power. These lights can act weird.
For sure - I’m going to check this weekend hopefully. I still have my halogen fogs I can pull and plug in to see if they get power as well. Thanks for the reply!

Duckee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Mojito
I did the same thing but have now changed the code and installed a new set of led fogs so all is good. Does anyone know if there is a way to repair the first set of lights by replacing an internal fuse, etc. or are they trashed?
Sponsored