2018 Wrangler (JK) Info Thread - Ordering/Production

basamx

First Name
Basam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Understand from my local dealer that Jeep will not deliver until February. Apparently they are holding onto them, even though they are being build now. What's your take on this?
Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
When they build them they can only hold them for so long in the lot, keep in mind how many they build a day, they have to have them loaded on a daily basis and I'm talking all vehicles built at the factory.

PGJeeper2618

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Chev Silverado
Ordered a 2018 JK 2 door in Gobi on October 22 2017. Dealer told me 8 to 12 weeks and that's all the way up to Northern British Columbia. I sure hope that the hold to February is wrong.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Ordered a 2018 JK 2 door in Gobi on October 22 2017. Dealer told me 8 to 12 weeks and that's all the way up to Northern British Columbia. I sure hope that the hold to February is wrong.
The hold that is being discussed is about the JL, not the JK, so I wouldn't worry.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Understand from my local dealer that Jeep will not deliver until February. Apparently they are holding onto them, even though they are being build now. What's your take on this?
I know nothing concrete on this either. FCA has done this before like when the new Cherokee came out. The difference then is it was a new transmission, a new vehicle all together. There were bugs. With the New Wrangler, it is new, but the good thing here is that they are implementing features and transmissions that are already in use. Now the 2.0, meh, could be a different story.
I don't think they're changing it enough to need a hold. Maybe I am being hopeful but it doesnt add up. Cherokee was a totally different vehicle and the amount they are going to try to produce where are they going to hold them at? They are hoping to do over a 1000 Wranglers a day!
http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2016/07/15/jeep-wrangler-production-toledo/87142838/

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I don't think they're changing it enough to need a hold...
New Engines, New Transmissions, New Suspension, New Steering, New Controls, New lighting, New Instrument cluster, New HVAC/Radio cluster, New Windshield, New HardTop and SoftTop, New Seats, New Airbags... and that’s not even including stuff like SelecTrac which arrives mid-year.

Yeah, there’s enough new there that they should take a moment to be sure they get it right, especially to reduce the number of complaints for people who don’t realize all the changes that have been made.

As for the hold, it would be on slowly ramping up production, and 1,000 units a day isn’t until a few years in with extra shifts like the JK had. This year’s capacity is targeted at about 240K at best, and likely much less if you start from now. Full production without extensive shift changes & OT is about 275K-300K. However if the JL is a huge success, I’m sure they will add shifts, add ovetime and reduce holidays to meet demand, just like they did with the JK to get it’s 250K/yr

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Sounds about right. I was anticipating March in other posts I've made. Given that I got a VIN earlier than I expected, yes, February sounds more accurate. Just in time for me to wheel the shit out of it in MOAB.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
I may be the eternal optimist, but I think we will see some JLUs by mid January, or perhaps sooner

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I may be the eternal optimist, but I think we will see some JLUs by mid January, or perhaps sooner
That's what I think. (Hope.)
The order tracker will help us make it a more and more educated guess along the way.

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
Hey the AEK option includes the Premium Alpine Audio system correct?

Sponsored

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
Here’s my order sheet, I think I got it all? Anyone confirm that I’m not missing anything

I notice tech package isn’t listed

69C864B0-D490-4664-9123-2D65E35CBB7B.jpeg

grenierh2012

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jk
Hello
Anyone know the last date we can order JK 2018 ? I wonder if I can order one next week since they will close the 2018 JK Production on March 30th
Sponsored

Last edited: