Sponsored

2018 Wrangler info from FCA dealers meeting (diesel, colors, debut, power sliding top, etc.)

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Great for owners and vendors that many aftermarket JK parts will fit. Makes trading for the JL an easier decision for JK owners with very customized builds.
Sponsored

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Darn, no talk of the JT pickup model :(

Even though the JL official public debut is gonna be the LA show, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an online reveal before that, or maybe an invite only launch event in LA right before the show debut.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Great for owners and vendors that many aftermarket JK parts will fit. Makes trading for the JL an easier decision for JK owners with very customized builds.
What aftermarket JK parts do you guys think will still fit the JL?

I'm thinking lift kits, tires, rims, and front bumpers, anything else?

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
What aftermarket JK parts do you guys think will still fit the JL?

I'm thinking lift kits, tires, rims, and front bumpers, anything else?
Short-arm lift kits and bumpers (front/rear) will probably be the main things from the sounds of it. That's all I'm really expecting anyway.

True .... just makes me worried that my concerns in handling will not be addressed if the suspension bits are all the same. At least it was confirmed that the hydo/electric steering is coming and that could play a big part.
I think they could make changes to correct or improve some of the issues with the JK while still retaining the existing parts - like altering the caster & pinion angle of the axle, beefed up steering components to reduce flex, improved ackerman angles, etc. Even slightly altering the mounting locations of the control arms/trackbars to improve dive/roll while still using the same parts. I know that in at least one spy photo the rear axle (which wasn't the normal D44) had a raised trackbar mount on the axle.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I know that in at least one spy photo the rear axle (which wasn't the normal D44) had a raised trackbar mount on the axle.
I noticed that too. And the track bar had a bend in it. Looked to me like with a lift, the track bar would simply be straight.

Sponsored

NextStep9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler JKU Sahara
Well this is unfortunate, I was thinking of a green 2 door Sahara 2.0 w/ 6 speed and power sliding soft top. :)
Me too! Exactly! No 2018 2 door JL Sahara? No 2018 JL green color? Farewell Wrangler! I'll miss you!

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I know that in at least one spy photo the rear axle (which wasn't the normal D44) had a raised trackbar mount on the axle.
I noticed that too. And the track bar had a bend in it. Looked to me like with a lift, the track bar would simply be straight.
But that was on the JT which you can see has a suspension setup different from the JK & JL and looks,like a variant of the 5-link srtup onma RAM.
While it should improve payload and towing, I don't expect that to be on the JL/JLU, so it's likely not an indication of the suspension improvements that were previously mentioned.

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
But that was on the JT which you can see has a suspension setup different from the JK & JL and looks,like a variant of the 5-link srtup onma RAM.
While it should improve payload and towing, I don't expect that to be on the JL/JLU, so it's likely not an indication of the suspension improvements that were previously mentioned.
Actually the photo(s) I'm thinking of where from a JK-bodied test mule. See photos 4-6 in this thread:

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2018-jeep-jl-wrangler-undercarriage-shots.7/

edit: there's also this photo, watermarked from here but I found on another site, posted just a few days ago.

edit part duex: photo is from the diesel spy photo thread from last week: http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2019-jeep-wrangler-diesel-reappears.1231/

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wrangler info from FCA dealers meeting (diesel, colors, debut, power sliding top, etc.) {filename}

Last edited:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

An update from this meeting - the the spare tire will be mounted 3-4 inches lower to improve rear visibility.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An update from this meeting - the the spare tire will be mounted 3-4 inches lower to improve rear visibility.
That'll definitely help, although it's funny that that change finally comes when we now have a stock backup camera which makes it oess of an issue than before.
But they are addressing owners' past visibility concerns by doing that and moving the wiper motor.

Also, unfortuntely likely still not low enough to open rear window without opening tailgate.

That woulda been another sweet update had they achieved that.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, as I've stated here before many times, I just find it ironic the timing.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. Both of these changes could've easily come during the 2012 refresh, they weren't new issues to the JK, so them arriving together once backup cam is mandatory, instead of even just providing one of them years ago is ironic.

And as someone with 'stock' back-up cam and previously rear+trail cams on my JKs, I know full well it's no substitute, but it is a multiplier benefit, just like moving stuff.. or removing the top... or actually shoulder checking to pass instead of using only the new sensors instead of looking. ;)
Sponsored