Sponsored

2018 Wrangler info from FCA dealers meeting (diesel, colors, debut, power sliding top, etc.)

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
Those that are lamenting the death of the 2 door Sahara: Perhaps the JL trims will allow for similar configuration to get what you want. Maybe sports will be available with body colored tops/fenders? Don't cry yet, there is still hope! I do think it is a little weird they would do away with JUST the 2 door version of the Sahara instead of axing the entire trim completely (not that any of us would prefer that to happen).

I personally was really looking forward to a sahara tan/mojave sand color to arrive. I'm very disappointed it it wasn't mentioned in the included colors. Hopefully it will still appear at launch.
Sponsored

Wolfslash16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Firecracker Recon.
At this point the only thin that would persuade me out of my current JKU would be either to have the JL come in gecko green, or have a V8. So far, it looks like neither will happen.

bobgong

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'85 CJ7, '92 ZJ, 2K WJ, '20JLU
Colors
  • List of general colors to be available, yet to be fully confirmed
  • White
  • Black
  • Granite Crystal
  • Billet Silver
  • Blue
  • Orange
  • Red
  • Baja Yellow
Please let it be Sunset Orange. Please let it be Sunset Orange. Please let it be Sunset Orange. Please let it be Sunset Orange. Please let it be Sunset Orange.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
One of my biggest disappointments, is no SelecTrac (full time 4WD) transfer case, even with the longer wheelbase. :(

Sponsored

Jingles

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Terrain, 2015 Sierra
I was hoping the Mango was going to offered. Will have to wait and see

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Boo no Green paint color. Weird most JKU/JK parts will still fit. Seems like they are still using a lot of the JK frame then.
Could be, but not necessarily. The new Tacoma is a new frame, but it retained all of the "hard points" of the previous frame so that all the suspensions developed for the last gen Taco work on the new one. Jeep could have done something similar with the JL. Plus, since the bumpers don't really have to mesh with the body like a normal SUV, as long as the mounting points and overall body dimensions remain the same it'd be easy to carry over JK bumpers to the JL. That's how the CJ7/YJ/TJ was. Three different vehicles, three different frames, but front and rear bumpers are pretty much interchangeable across the three. Many drivetrain upgrades also work across YJ/TJ due to using similar/same engine/trans/t'case combos in various years. We've known for a long time that the JL would be an evolution of the JK platform, so it's not totally surprising to learn that many JK aftermarket parts will carry over, and my guess is they're probably referring to suspensions and bumpers. It'll be interesting to learn just how much can be carried over though.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
One of my biggest disappointments, is no SelecTrac (full time 4WD) transfer case, even with the longer wheelbase. :(
Had that in my old Liberty, and liked it for skiing, and traveling over the Cascade Mountains, where the roads often vary from clear pavement to snow & ice. However, now with the electronic traction control, I prefer the NVG 241OR Rubicon transfer case.

dputnam36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a new JL
The no two door Sahara is a huge disappointment for me - that's what I was going to buy.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Could be, but not necessarily. The new Tacoma is a new frame, but it retained all of the "hard points" of the previous frame so that all the suspensions developed for the last gen Taco work on the new one. Jeep could have done something similar with the JL. Plus, since the bumpers don't really have to mesh with the body like a normal SUV, as long as the mounting points and overall body dimensions remain the same it'd be easy to carry over JK bumpers to the JL. That's how the CJ7/YJ/TJ was. Three different vehicles, three different frames, but front and rear bumpers are pretty much interchangeable across the three. Many drivetrain upgrades also work across YJ/TJ due to using similar/same engine/trans/t'case combos in various years. We've known for a long time that the JL would be an evolution of the JK platform, so it's not totally surprising to learn that many JK aftermarket parts will carry over, and my guess is they're probably referring to suspensions and bumpers. It'll be interesting to learn just how much can be carried over though.
True .... just makes me worried that my concerns in handling will not be addressed if the suspension bits are all the same. At least it was confirmed that the hydo/electric steering is coming and that could play a big part.

Sponsored

Rambeaux

First Name
John J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Willys JKU
Occupation
Aircraft Doctor
When I looked at the count down today, went from 49 days to 129. I got the same feeling as when I order fajitas and see sizzling fajitas coming my way only to be delivered a couple tables down. Woe is me..

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Wrangler info from FCA dealers meeting (diesel, colors, debut, power sliding top, etc.) {filename}

bugreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Any word on if the rear seats are getting side airbags? Honestly that's what's holding me back from getting the JKU.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Who mentioned no selec-trac for JL?
:surprised:

That would be very interesting, and as my Wrangler sees alot of snow covered tarmac in the mountains to get too/from ski hills, but still needs low & lockers for going up & down the hills to setup race hardware, Selec-Trac like the old NP242 would be AWESOME !! :clap:
Sponsored