Sponsored

2018 Wrangler info from FCA dealers meeting (diesel, colors, debut, power sliding top, etc.)

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
An update from this meeting - the the spare tire will be mounted 3-4 inches lower to improve rear visibility.
Great news!

Also, unfortuntely likely still not low enough to open rear window without opening tailgate.

That woulda been another sweet update had they achieved that.
Wouldn't that be nice? It'd have to be a tiny window though lol :giggle: the spare takes up about half the whole height from bumper to roof.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Not without a PITA mod for the 430/730, which I have done previously, but even then it requires an external monitor, at which point, might as well just split the video out from the rear-cam to that spare monitor if you're not wanting to re-use the DVD player for passenger ( back in the day before cheap tablets and storage).

The best you can do stock on the 430, is to add a few additional seconds after you go forward with the camera delay option.

Supposedly the latest UC unit has a view-at-speed ParkView feature on the 8.4", but I haven't seen it in action or a good demo of it yet that confirms it remains on, though the description seems to imply just that.

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Supposedly the latest UC unit has a view-at-speed ParkView feature on the 8.4", but I haven't seen it in action or a good demo of it yet that confirms it remains on, though the description seems to imply just that.
I have that feature on my 17 GC, its nice to have but only stays on for a few seconds while in motion and then shuts off. I have the factory tow package so I'm not sure if vehicles without it get that view option.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I have that feature on my 17 GC, its nice to have but only stays on for a few seconds while in motion and then shuts off. I have the factory tow package so I'm not sure if vehicles without it get that view option.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh well, that kinda sucks. It seemed a bit more 'semi-permanent' in the RAM technology section with their any gear / any speed / any time... description.

It doesn't mention tow package, just the screen size.

https://www.ramtruck.ca/en/1500/technology

"Additionally, Uconnect systems equipped with the largest-in-class 8.4-inch touchscreen offer view-at-speed capability. The ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera image is available in any gear, at any speed, with a touch of a button - perfect for checking the trailer hitch when towing"

Probably shoulda guessed it sounded too good to be true. :(

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh well, that kinda sucks. It seemed a bit more 'semi-permanent' in the RAM technology section with their any gear / any speed / any time... description.

It doesn't mention tow package, just the screen size.

https://www.ramtruck.ca/en/1500/technology

"Additionally, Uconnect systems equipped with the largest-in-class 8.4-inch touchscreen offer view-at-speed capability. The ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera image is available in any gear, at any speed, with a touch of a button - perfect for checking the trailer hitch when towing"

Probably shoulda guessed it sounded too good to be true. :(
A few seconds is better than nothing, especially if it is activated with a quick access button that doesn't require going through menus.

Sponsored

Fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
"Power sliding hard top (PSHT)"...what could that be???
DID ANYBODY FIND OUT ABOUT WHAT EXACTLY IS "POWER SLIDING HARD TOP"? IS IT SAME AS SKY ONE TOUCH, OR SOMETHINGELSE? AN ARTICLE, OR CLIP SHOWING WHAT REALLY IS WOULD HELP?

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)