First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 Door Sport S 2020 JT Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
My guess your going to get a bit grilled from the insurance co about why you waited so long to report the incident.
That was my thought too. My first call would be to the insurance company, maybe second would be a lawyer depending on how Jeep and insurance company respond.
Sponsored

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That was my thought too. My first call would be to the insurance company, maybe second would be a lawyer depending on how Jeep and insurance company respond.
No need for attorney,yet. Ins co doesn’t want to pay a time. They will sure FCA for the loss. Either way ins co will pay full amount.

I’d would be very concerned that the insurance co is going to be suspicious as to why the OP waited so long to file.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Ya think, posting on a Jeep forum before calling their insurance company, is normal?
Didn't have a cell phone with them and no pictures of the fire?
First post?

Nah, nothing weird about this thread, nothing at all...:CWL:

OP
OP

Coopdog02

First Name
Aren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
My guess your going to get a bit grilled from the insurance co about why you waited so long to report the incident.
We did report it right away, and they are aware of the date and event. After the responses on here, I will probably just go ahead and file the claim to deal with it. Just really thought Jeep would be around to help. My wife originally saw it as a random event and was ready to jump right back into a new Wrangler. However, after the lack of communication or help in a time of need she is rethinking it. It's too bad because she has wanted a Wrangler forever and LOVED it for the month that she had it. I'll admit, it was a ton of fun to drive as well. Hopefully they can still work it out.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
We did report it right away, and they are aware of the date and event. After the responses on here, I will probably just go ahead and file the claim to deal with it. Just really thought Jeep would be around to help. My wife originally saw it as a random event and was ready to jump right back into a new Wrangler. However, after the lack of communication or help in a time of need she is rethinking it. It's too bad because she has wanted a Wrangler forever and LOVED it for the month that she had it. I'll admit, it was a ton of fun to drive as well. Hopefully they can still work it out.
The postmortem on a one off event like yours can talker many months to figure out what exactly happened. FCA/Jeep, offering anything to you at this point is basically taking responsibility for the incident. And opening themselves for further litigation.

Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Look I feel for you but in this type of situation most people would not expect Jeep, or Toyota, or BMW or any car company to just admit fault and put you in a brand new vehicle or pay you money. That would mean they would admit fault and for all they know YOU did something or hit something that caused the fire.

Just let the insurance company do their job, this is why you have it. Or get a lawyer.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Yeah, it sucks that such a random thing would happen like that. Hopefully you (and the Mrs.) can see past it and stay in the family - majority of Jeeps have no problems (or at least minimal) and live the life! :jk:

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
1st call your insurance company, this should have been done immediately. The fire department must also have been involved and I imagine the police as well. Get copies of their reports and give them to your insurance company.

If the car is totaled, this post sounds that way, then Jeep can do nothing specifically for you and your vehicle. They do need to understand the root cause for obvious safety reasons, the government will also accumulate statistics on issues like your fire.

It goes without saying (I hope), thank god no one was hurt. I would expect your insurance company will make you whole so you can replace the Wrangler.

Best of luck resolving everything and getting your life back to normal.

OP
OP

Coopdog02

First Name
Aren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Ya think, posting on a Jeep forum before calling their insurance company, is normal?
Didn't have a cell phone with them and no pictures of the fire?
First post?

Nah, nothing weird about this thread, nothing at all...:CWL:
1st call your insurance company, this should have been done immediately. The fire department must also have been involved and I imagine the police as well. Get copies of their reports and give them to your insurance company.

If the car is totaled, this post sounds that way, then Jeep can do nothing specifically for you and your vehicle. They do need to understand the root cause for obvious safety reasons, the government will also accumulate statistics on issues like your fire.

It goes without saying (I hope), thank god no one was hurt. I would expect your insurance company will make you whole so you can replace the Wrangler.

Best of luck resolving everything and getting your life back to normal.
Thank you for the advice.....

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Pics of the burned out Jeep? Just curious...

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't expect anything from FCA or any other manufacturer. Odd that it flamed but insurance is for that circumstance. I wouldn't expect FCA to replace your Wrangler though the insurance company might question FCA afterwards. Probably not since it's not a large sum of money from an insurance company standpoint.

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
if it was me i would do an insurance claim i have if its totaled in the first year i get 1 model year newer. so if you were me you would now have a 2019 wrangler and the insurance company would be going after FCA for the money. that is what you pay them for.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I am so confused. You experience a total loss due to fire, call your insurance company to report it and they say “thanks for the info, have a nice day .”????
Assuming you have full collision/comprehensive, your insurance company should have been Johnny on the spot walking you through the claim and telling you not to wait around for Jeep to take care of you. Maybe it will turn out to be a warranty issue, but as others have said, Jeep isn’t going to admit liability on anything without forensics.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Sorry for your loss but this is between you and your insurance because what's to say its a FCA problem except that you bought it from them. Have you done any MODS are possible something came up from the road and did something leave the investigation to your insurance that's what they get paid for.