Sponsored

2018 Sahara with 2inch spacer kit and 35s.

Cabo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
So, I thought I would share my research for anyone who just bought a Sahara and trying to figure out a good way to put 35 inch tires and still have a fantastic ride quality. So, for starters you cannot put a 35 inch tire on a Sahara rim and it be safe and not bulge, check the specs. So the best way I found was to do a 2 inch spacer lift which will run 300 bucks installed and go down to a 17inch rim and get your 35s. As for the ride quality, you are still using your factory suspension and it feels just like the stock ride. I'm running ko2s and love them so far. I will post before and after pics for your review.

20190906_184801.jpg

20190909_183504.jpg

20190910_071557.jpg
Sponsored

Diesel550

First Name
Addam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Love the look.
Nice job

OP
OP

Cabo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Thanks, I'm happy with how it turned out too. Just have to get a new mount for the spare bc the 35 tire will not fit without the modification. Found one for 85.00 dollars and waiting for it to come in.

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
So I always wondered, what does this do to the gas mileage? Any difference, between doing this and a lift? I am just wondering what is the added weight between one vs. another. Didn't get my Sahara yet, but definitely want to lift it when I do.

Also, with this method, do you need to go down to the 17 inch rim? Will it not work with a larger rim?

OP
OP

Cabo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
As for gas mileage, I'm getting 19 on the high way, so about 2mpg difference with larger tires. As for the difference in a lift kit vs the spacer kit you have all kinds of difference. First, the lift kit from dealer will run you about 2500 installed which will give you more freedom and flex off road. I went with the spacer lift, bc I do not plan on doing massive offroad, maybe a few small trails but that's it. So it really depends what type of activities you're going to be doing in your jeep. I wouldn't be the right guy to discuss weight differences between the kits but I would think it would be minimal. As for the rims, i found you have way better tire choices when going down for the width of the larger rims and tires are more expensive, selection is much smaller and much harder ride qualities due to tire ratings. Maybe someone else can chime in on weight and larger rim choices with experiences. So far I'm 100 percent satisfied with the terraflex 2 inch spacer kit and ko2 35 inch tires with mopar rims.
Sponsored