joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 JLU Sahara. I got new wheels (black rhino armory - 18x9.5) and tires (falken wildpeak a/t3w 275/70/18). Started hearing a rotational thumping sound when decelerating to around 20-10 mph. Swapped back on the stock set up and no sound. Put new wheels/tires on again and the thumping sound came back. I went to a local shop and they put it on a lift. We could hear rotational ā€œclickingā€ sound coming from rear diff. Itā€™s currently at the dealer and I am waiting to hear the news. Anyone have any ideas why I can only hear it with the larger tires?
Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a 2018 JLU Sahara. I got new wheels (black rhino armory - 18x9.5) and tires (falken wildpeak a/t3w 275/70/18). Started hearing a rotational thumping sound when decelerating to around 20-10 mph. Swapped back on the stock set up and no sound. Put new wheels/tires on again and the thumping sound came back. I went to a local shop and they put it on a lift. We could hear rotational ā€œclickingā€ sound coming from rear diff. Itā€™s currently at the dealer and I am waiting to hear the news. Anyone have any ideas why I can only hear it with the larger tires?
How did it go at the dealer, joeyjoejoe285? Is this concern still present? If so, send us a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
joeyjoejoe285

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
So the dealer said I need new rear diff and rear axle - unbelievable at only 52K miles.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
It seems as if the clutches that are a part of the anti-spin differential rear axle break down over time. I am not aware of a long term solution for this issue.

You might have to change them again before the warranty expires.
Sponsored