2018 Sahara JL Unlimited Tow wiring harness

ktfjammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangle Sahara Unlimited
I have a 2018 JLUS that I am going to turn into a Toad behind my motorhome. I have read many threads on here about the set up. Some amazing people. I have read many threads regarding the wiring harness. I read a couple where it interfered with the blind spot sonar and stopped working. I also where they didn't work with the LED lights. Can anyone comment if they installed aftermarket wiring harnesses on there JLUS? I also read the only wiring harness that would work is the Mopar wiring harness 82215382ab.

Thank you in advance for you replies.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ktfjammer

ktfjammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2018 JLUS that I am going to turn into a Toad behind my motorhome. I have read many threads on here about the set up. Some amazing people. I have read many threads regarding the wiring harness. I read a couple where it interfered with the blind spot sonar and stopped working. I also where they didn't work with the LED lights. Can anyone comment if they installed aftermarket wiring harnesses on there JLUS? I also read the only wiring harness that would work is the Mopar wiring harness 82215382ab.

Thank you in advance for you replies.
Anyone?

driller

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door jl
I installed the harness and also installed the dc to dc battery charger. Works nice.

OP
OP
ktfjammer

ktfjammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

driller

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door jl
Do you have the LED lights and blind spot sonar on your JL? What is the DC to DC battery charger and what does it do? Sorry new to all this.

Thank you, JIm
I have LED lights but not blind spot sonar. The Cooltech kit bypasses the factory Electronics and just operates the rear tail lights and signals. The dc to dc charger uses the truck hot wire to keep the jeep battery charged for you brake system.
Sponsored