• Total voters

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Whoa. That’s pretty bad. Did you buy this like that?

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing like that on my JLUR, built Oct '18. All visible surfaces are properly painted.

OP
OP
Anieves72

Anieves72

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Occupation
Contractor
That's not even all the areas, I only posted a few pictures. I have 86 pictures all around the jeep.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's not even all the areas, I only posted a few pictures. I have 86 pictures all around the jeep.
That's insane and intolerable. They tell you it's like that on all Jeeps? I call BS. All exterior surfaces should be properly primed and painted. Yes, even inside the doors and on the bottom of the doors. Who at the dealer told you all Jeeps are like that? :headbang:

Completely and utterly unacceptable.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yea, that’s not acceptable.

OP
OP
Anieves72

Anieves72

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Contractor
That's insane and intolerable. They tell you it's like that on all Jeeps? I call BS. All exterior surfaces should be properly primed and painted. Yes, even inside the doors and on the bottom of the doors. Who at the dealer told you all Jeeps are like that? :headbang:

Completely and utterly unacceptable.
Service manager

Sponsored

OP
OP
Anieves72

Anieves72

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Contractor
He didn't, by chance, show you all the other Wranglers that are like this... did he :whatsgoingon:
No, sales manager walked over to a couple on the lot looked at the hinge area and said yes they are the same. That's when I reached out to FCA, they said dealer will send out to a body shop and repaint. I am requesting a buy back because service manager stated that 85-90% of jeep will have to be painted or blended into. Way too much. Resale value will take a major hit and so will the actual appearance of the jeep itself no more factory paint, panels will never match.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No, sales manager walked over to a couple on the lot looked at the hinge area and said yes they are the same. That's when I reached out to FCA, they said dealer will send out to a body shop and repaint. I am requesting a buy back because service manager stated that 85-90% of jeep will have to be painted or blended into. Way too much. Resale value will take a major hit and so will the actual appearance of the jeep itself no more factory paint, panels will never match.
I dunno... the Svc Manager may have been blowing smoke to discourage you and avoid the hassle. You might take it to a local reputable body and paint shop and ask them for an estimate. They'd be able to give you a good idea of how extensive (and successful) touching up those areas would be. It looks like most of the areas are inside doors and not on the main panels so blending might not even be an issue. I'm not a paint expert but I've seen some really good touch-ups that aren't as extensive as the Svc Mgr is stating.

In any case... good luck.

OP
OP
Anieves72

Anieves72

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Contractor
I dunno... the Svc Manager may have been blowing smoke to discourage you and avoid the hassle. You might take it to a local reputable body and paint shop and ask them for an estimate. They'd be able to give you a good idea of how extensive (and successful) touching up those areas would be. It looks like most of the areas are inside doors and not on the main panels so blending might not even be an issue. I'm not a paint expert but I've seen some really good touch-ups that aren't as extensive as the Svc Mgr is stating.

In any case... good luck.
Some areas are: lower rocker panels both sides, rear tail gate, & B-pillar. All would require blending into adjoining panels.

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Some areas are: lower rocker panels both sides, rear tail gate, & B-pillar. All would require blending into adjoining panels.
Welcome to FCA quality control. That sucks. My jeep is painted pretty well but did have a couple small chips on it straight from the dealer. If I was you I'd take it to a top quality body shop that can give you close if not better than factory finish. Probably run anywhere from $8-12k. That's if you cannot negotiate a swap for a new one.
Sponsored