2018 rubicon jl LED turn signal lights not working

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Some do over worries of voiding their Warranty, I have not but then I have only had routine service work done ( oil changes and the V41 recall on my wife's JLUR and V41 recall and visor replacements (2) on my Sport). if you unmarry then your signals go back to not working properly until you change them after the service.

Gregj

York-Jeep07

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
The mini does everything.
Thank you both - will look at all options. Does the AEV ProCal do all of this as well or just tire size? If you know - I can also research tonight. Thanks

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I had the OEM halogen driving lights and turn signals swapped out by the dealer yesterday - after two return trips to the dealer - the lights are finally working, BUT can the dealer do a code to get the dash message for "turn signal lights are out" to not come up every time you turn on the jeep? Please advise. If it can go away - what is the code or how to remove. Much appreciated.
Hey, York-Jeep07. Although you are looking for assistance from fellow forum members, we also recommend contacting the dealer with this inquiry. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Kate
JeepCares

York-Jeep07

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, York-Jeep07. Although you are looking for assistance from fellow forum members, we also recommend contacting the dealer with this inquiry. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Kate
JeepCares
I did and they said adding a resistor will void the warranty. Is there a mopar resistor I can let them know about? The dealer is the one who did the install.

York-Jeep07

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Kate
JeepCares
To be completely honest - if I went by the dealer's advice it would be "do not modify your jeep at all". The forum members have provided better advice than the dealer. Doing a mod that is with Mopar parts and getting issues does not seem like good customer support. If not for the information from the forum - I would have driving lights that do not work at all. I can understand error codes for non OEM parts, but for OEM parts to have issues is crazy. Dealers do not even understand how to do the sale codes for 35 inch tires to get the speedo to calculate correctly? Love the jeep, just wish the support was better considering the amount of money spent in added accessories.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
To be completely honest - if I went by the dealer's advice it would be "do not modify your jeep at all". The forum members have provided better advice than the dealer. Doing a mod that is with Mopar parts and getting issues does not seem like good customer support. If not for the information from the forum - I would have driving lights that do not work at all. I can understand error codes for non OEM parts, but for OEM parts to have issues is crazy. Dealers do not even understand how to do the sale codes for 35 inch tires to get the speedo to calculate correctly? Love the jeep, just wish the support was better considering the amount of money spent in added accessories.
I understand, York-Jeep07. With that said, if you have any inquires in the future, don't hesitate to reach out.

Kate
JeepCares

Sponsored

York-Jeep07

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand, York-Jeep07. With that said, if you have any inquires in the future, don't hesitate to reach out.

Kate
JeepCares
What do Jeepā€™s engineers say? Do the resistor - is there a different sales code to use? Or would they say it is not meant to upgrade to OEM LED lights? Thanks for the help.

Tim

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
What do Jeepā€™s engineers say? Do the resistor - is there a different sales code to use? Or would they say it is not meant to upgrade to OEM LED lights? Thanks for the help.

Tim
Worked through a similar process; after spending an insane amount of time and effort pursuing a sales code solution I concluded there isn't one.. (apparently the wiring from the turn signal to the BCM is different)

I then tried the resistor solution.. it didn't work either so I bit the bullet and purchased a Tazer J which fixed the issue.. in retrospect I'd purchase the Tazer Mini (instead) as functionality is identical but the Mini installation is much cleaner and leaves the OBD port open..

York-Jeep07

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Worked through a similar process; after spending an insane amount of time and effort pursuing a sales code solution I concluded there isn't one.. (apparently the wiring from the turn signal to the BCM is different)

I then tried the resistor solution.. it didn't work either so I bit the bullet and purchased a Tazer J which fixed the issue.. in retrospect I'd purchase the Tazer Mini (instead) as functionality is identical but the Mini installation is much cleaner and leaves the OBD port open..
Thank you. Was wondering if the resistor would work or not. The dealers have been no help at all. Thanks for the reply. Once the wife gives the ok - I guess I will purchase the Tazer mini. Thanks

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Tim
I am unable to speculate, York-Jeep07, I apologize. I do recommend connecting with your dealer though to discuss options.

Kate
JeepCares

York-Jeep07

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am unable to speculate, York-Jeep07, I apologize. I do recommend connecting with your dealer though to discuss options.

Kate
JeepCares
Kate,
I understand you are trying to help, but the dealer says my options are void the warranty with adding a resistor or put the Halogen lights back in (I don't like either option). Lots of loss revenue opportunity with not being about to provide an answer. Everyone on the forum who has made the same change - has had to use the Tazer to get the problem corrected. In a market for upgrading your baseline product, I would think Jeep would try to provide options for customers to upgrade parts and still keep warranties valid. Also I have talk to two different dealers and they are just unwilling to help or ask you to come in and charge $110 per hour. I wish the process with the dealer was easier. At this point it is Tazer or wait and see what the Bronco looks like next month. ;)
Sponsored