Sponsored

2018 Rubicon JL - Has anyone used 18" wheels with 35" tires without a lift or spacers?

Rebel47

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I have a 2018 JL Rubicon with stock wheels/tires. I want to add 20 inch Fuel Hardline wheels with 35" Nitto Ridge Grappler tires. My understanding was that this would not need a lift. Now that I'm going to buy them both Jeep shops I've been to say I need a lift. I don't do serious offroading, just use the jeep on the ranch. Mud and some hills but nothing serious.

Has anyone done this without a lift? Any problems?
Sponsored

timkim

First Name
tae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had 18 with 35 nitto ridge grappler. did fine for pavement. it has enough clearance unless you do full flex. I did lift it though. but it was perfectly fine if you don't go rock crawl or serious offroading.

OP
OP

Rebel47

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I had 18 with 35 nitto ridge grappler. did fine for pavement. it has enough clearance unless you do full flex. I did lift it though. but it was perfectly fine if you don't go rock crawl or serious offroading.
Thanks. Did you have 12.5 inch tires? What was your offset?

Ancbanker

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
I put 35” Nittos on my OEM Rubicon wheels with no lift or spacers. No rubbing issues at all but I have not had sway bars disconnected or full flex. If you go with 20” wheels I would agree you’re gonna need a lift or spacers because it’ll likely rub.

Sbnewsom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I put 35” Nittos on my OEM Rubicon wheels with no lift or spacers. No rubbing issues at all but I have not had sway bars disconnected or full flex. If you go with 20” wheels I would agree you’re gonna need a lift or spacers because it’ll likely rub.
Would you mind posting pics of your jeep? I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I have an 18 JLUR and I really want to go to 35's. I can't afford a lift right now or new rims.

Sponsored

Ancbanker

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
3D38455B-B9E3-46EA-9676-456BCEBAFB22.jpeg
1C5E2B60-2C37-4DB5-80A4-9AD5160D4D28.jpeg
Would you mind posting pics of your jeep? I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I have an 18 JLUR and I really want to go to 35's. I can't afford a lift right now or new rims.
You can see in the before and after pictures what it’ll look like with 35’s and no lift. From what I know, the Rubicon is already built for those tires by giving you the higher fenders. The tires really fill up the space.

I would recommend the rear tailgate support kit.

Cheers

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
18's on 35x12.5 no lift stock suspension. I put a lift kit on about a month after. For mild offroading it would have worked with a little fender rub but I needed more room for tuck.

20181221_103547.jpg
Sponsored