2018 Rubicon JL 4 Cylinder Turbo

motownsax

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Turbo

New to the Forum. Originally from Detroit and now living in the Phoenix, Arizona area.I just purchased this with 6000 miles. If you listen to the video you hear the cooling fans I presume especially on decelerating. I have 3 accelerate to decelerating on this video/audio. Does this sound like the fans???? I was told they are loud. Best to listen on a desk top. Also if anyone has a suggestion of a good dealership with a good service advisor let me know. I live near Earnhardts, Tempe Jeep, and Courtesy Jeep. All be safe. THXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sponsored

thisispainful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '15 Tacoma
2020 2.0t non-etorque and that's what my fans sound like. It hasn't been that warm here so mine hardly come on. But they are LOUD when they hit high speed.

Clipper216

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
when my fan is on high this is what it sounds like, usually at startup or on the trails; to be specific the fan is not always on high

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
2018 2.0T here as well, I noticed this last summer and this summer so far. It seems that once outside temps are above 80*F they turn on over 15 mph. It is kind of strange really, EVERY other electric fan-equipped vehicle I've owned in the last 20+ years has always had them turn on when sitting in traffic or cruising at low speed, and off when cooling can take place with regular airflow across the radiator. FWIW, the engine temp was between 190*-195*.

Sponsored

slh7d

First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
my 2019 does has the same "tornado warning siren" sounding fan as well, when it is pretty hot outside. Hope sometime there is fix for a quieter fan (or whatever it is).

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
We were out running around this weekend, it was hot, and even the wife noticed the fans winding up to take off speed! As far as I am aware, it's just the way that the 2.0T cools :)

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It's not just the 2.0T engine fans that are loud. Same with the 3.6. I was shocked the first time I herd it. I was on a test drive of a 2018 JLR 3.6 on a 95 degree day. It was LOUD. Lol.

I think there is a software upgrade that address some models for the loud fans. Ask the dealer about it the next time you are in for a oil change or something.
Sponsored