Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Maybe I'm not the first to do this, but I decided to search for MOAB on Jeep.com and it returned a result! Actually, it returned a bunch of links but they all basically go to the MOPAR official site with talk about the 2018 MOAB Nacho Jeep Wrangler

https://www.mopar.com/chrysler/en-us/store/performance.html (scroll down)

MOAB Wrangler.JPG

Also found a link for a "MOAB" wheel, though not sure when this was added: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/accessories/product/82208904/Wheel.html

Found a tire cover, Moab logo on Black Denim, for the special Jeep® Moab Edition. Fits 17 tires": https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/product-details.html?partId=82213325
That Nacho Jeep is one of the concepts Jeep revealed earlier this year.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...4speed-sandstorm-nacho-jeepster-j-wagon.5550/
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So bottom line as nice as the Moab is. The rubicon is still the top of the line. I wonder if you could get a Moab package with a locker on the full time 4x that is an option on the Sahara throw in high rise fenders and metal bumpers and rock rails. And that that. Is a mighty fine package. Yessiree bob. Er .... ah Sergio

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
So bottom line as nice as the Moab is. The rubicon is still the top of the line. I wonder if you could get a Moab package with a locker on the full time 4x that is an option on the Sahara throw in high rise fenders and metal bumpers and rock rails. And that that. Is a mighty fine package. Yessiree bob. Er .... ah Sergio
That would be yessiree Mike now

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Full time AWD is expected to be available on 2019 Rubicons

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
But with lockers also?

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
My guess is as the prices keep going up the Rubicon will become ridiculously expensive, so FCA needs another build that isn’t quite Rubicon but is not Sport S or Sahara either when it comes to off road options available like lockers or axles. It won’t have all the Rubicon goodies but enough to entice buyers who want a Rubicon but don’t want to spend the coin.

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Not sure I agree with the "top of the line" assessment, absolutely no offense intended. For off road, you are absolutely correct, but for those of us older folks whose rock crawling days have turned into beach crawling days, I dare argue the Sahara offers some nice creature comforts! ;)

The real question I have is, would I look like a tool if I put the Moab badging on a Sahara simply because it looks, well, really cool?! (just kidding. Kind of. Mostly.)

Ok, let the flaming commence! :rock:

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Not sure I agree with the "top of the line" assessment, absolutely no offense intended. For off road, you are absolutely correct, but for those of us older folks whose rock crawling days have turned into beach crawling days, I dare argue the Sahara offers some nice creature comforts! ;)

The real question I have is, would I look like a tool if I put the Moab badging on a Sahara simply because it looks, well, really cool?! (just kidding. Kind of. Mostly.)

Ok, let the flaming commence! :rock:
What can you get in a Sahara that is not available in the Rubicon? (Other than the AWD tranfercase)

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Looks like BFG KM2 M/T tires mounted... surprised that it's not the new KM3.
Agreed. The KM2 is one of the worst mud terrain tires ever made. Shocking choice for a production vehicle. Noisy as hell and horrendous rain and snow traction. Doesn't matter if it's a special offroad edition or not, they still have to sell these things as safe road worthy vehicles for the masses. So why go with the KM2, especially when it's being phased out of production? And what size will these KM2s be? 285/70? If so those will look tiny on this model. The KM2 has always been known as a tire that runs small to size.

Sponsored

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

If the first photo by J&L'sJLU wasn't enough, we can now confirm that the MOAB JL Wrangler is indeed coming and already being produced! The Toledo Assembly Plant is already rolling out the MOAB JL as we speak. The previous details seen on the silver MOAB JL are consistent with what's seen here. There are no rock rails fitted, but we can now see that it wears the same vented hood as the JL Rubicon.

2019-Jeep-JLU-Wrangler-MOAB.jpg

Last edited:

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
If the first photo by J&L'sJLU wasn't enough, we can now confirm that the MOAB JL Wrangler is indeed coming and already being produced! Here is another look in red. The previous details seen on the silver MOAB JL are consistent with what's seen here. There are no rock rails fitted, but we can now see that it wears the same vented hood as the JL Rubicon.

2019-Jeep-JLU-Wrangler-MOAB.jpg
This one appears to have the driver side fender delete option for improved clearance!

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Wonder if this Edition has unpainted fenders standard, painted optional? Also, I'm very curious about the upholstery/paint color options, and whether it has the Sahara or Rubicon suspension (hoping for former).

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
So...Were Jeep to make something higher than the Rubicon, what would it have? All of the high end special editions have been Rubicon editions, not a higher model above that...

And will they add an actual new model instead of just a special edition - something in between the Sahara and Rubicon? Or above the Rubicon? Given the brisk sales and msrp of the Rubi's, it would appear there's appetite for a $65k Wrangler...
Well... not quite I think: there was a JK Rubicon Hard Rock as top of the line above the traditional Rubicon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.