Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
MOAB edition ???

JL-Wrangler-MOAB-edition.jpg
I, personally, love the fact that I can't see any RED on it! No red tow hooks, no red badges, nothing. I can only hope the interior is the same.
Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
How was the old Moab equipped? Like a Rubi?will this one be the same lockers etc.?
Don't quote me on this, but if I remember right, the JK Moab Edition was a Sahara base model. It had an upgraded rear dana44 axle with a locker. Still had standard front axle, no locker. It also did not have a sway bar disconnect. Had Rubicon lift I think, upgraded wheels and tires. Had rock rails, steel bumpers. Basically it was between a Sahara and Rubicon performance wise. The rear locker was the big thing in it that people liked.

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Also had a unique hood that I think only appeared on the Moab and no other models.

Don't quote me on this, but if I remember right, the JK Moab Edition was a Sahara base model. It had an upgraded rear dana44 axle with a locker. Still had standard front axle, no locker. It also did not have a sway bar disconnect. Had Rubicon lift I think, upgraded wheels and tires. Had rock rails, steel bumpers. Basically it was between a Sahara and Rubicon performance wise. The rear locker was the big thing in it that people liked.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Do any of you remember this?
jl-wrangler-timeline-by-jlwranglerforums-small-jpg.jpg

I wonder is the "higher trim level package" being referred to in the May 2018 time frame is really the Moab?

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Also had a unique hood that I think only appeared on the Moab and no other models.
The JK Moab was another parts bin appearance package. It shared the same hood and bumpers the COD:MW edition had. These were basically watered down AEV parts, such as the heat reduction hood minus the vents, the front bumper without the grille guard, and the rear bumper without the water containers.

The JL Moab looks to be virtually the same thing. Not quite a Rubicon, but sharing many of the same parts with some unique decals and interior colors. And just like the JK version, I wouldn't be surprised if it's priced above a standard Rubicon.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

SamJ

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR- 6 Speed
I think this further confirms it! Check out the screenshot of CarGurus. I check this pretty much everyday and it wasn't there yesterday so something is going to be released soon.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 8.52.25 AM.png

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I'm not the first to do this, but I decided to search for MOAB on Jeep.com and it returned a result! Actually, it returned a bunch of links but they all basically go to the MOPAR official site with talk about the 2018 MOAB Nacho Jeep Wrangler

https://www.mopar.com/chrysler/en-us/store/performance.html (scroll down)

MOAB Wrangler.JPG

Also found a link for a "MOAB" wheel, though not sure when this was added: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/accessories/product/82208904/Wheel.html

Found a tire cover, Moab logo on Black Denim, for the special Jeep® Moab Edition. Fits 17 tires": https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/product-details.html?partId=82213325

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
So...Were Jeep to make something higher than the Rubicon, what would it have? All of the high end special editions have been Rubicon editions, not a higher model above that...

And will they add an actual new model instead of just a special edition - something in between the Sahara and Rubicon? Or above the Rubicon? Given the brisk sales and msrp of the Rubi's, it would appear there's appetite for a $65k Wrangler...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.