Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I dunno, looks like a string grey Rubi with black wheels and a MOAB decal to me. We've seen those wheels on the Hella Yella jeep when it was first shown. Maybe these are some of the factory options that were rumoured? (Like the factory lift?)

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The point was that if they are going to bring out "special editions", it would kind of make sense to make it a special color. Not one that looks like a stock Rubicon.

I posted earlier, but a idea would be like a "Jurassic" edition and have like a blue and green combo. Something to really make it pop!
Yeah, but look at the history of appearance packages with the JK. They never did that. They just couldn't resist keeping those things to a specific trim or year. Despite launching unique colors and features on trims like the 10A or Arctic (or was it Polar?), anything that was ever special about them was eventually made available to standard models.

Nothing about these are technically special. They're just decals, seat embroidery, and a mix of parts. Standard fare from Jeep and FCA. That isn't to say they aren't cool Jeeps, but look at what FCA did with the Challenger after the widebody Hellcat and the Demon. They're slapping a lot of those parts on the standard models now, like the Scat Pack. They can't just set it and forget it. They're gonna milk the ol' parts bin as much as they can as long as it sells.

If it is 60k there must be some important additions that can't be seen in the photo. Badass leather seats for starters, instead of the lower end leather available now, off road pages, and other useful items. My goodness, 60k wranglers are nigh upon us!
Based on FCA's previous behavior, it's unlikely. You're paying more for the trim name. They did the exact same thing with the COD Wranglers and even the Moab JK that was essentially half a Rubicon, but still cost as much as a full one. Hell, I remember when the God-awful Dragon edition hit lots starting around 45k and it was just a Sahara with goofy stickers on it.

I could be wrong, but Jeep and FCA have been doing this for a while now.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I think it’s the real deal. Black tow hooks, gray Jeep Logo, sport trail rated badge, black wheels. I don’t think it’s a dealer making their own edition. It’s probably the 2019 special edition we’ve heard was coming.

Sponsored

OP
OP
J&L'sJLU

J&L'sJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I think being silver is a good way to hide it in plain sight.

If it were most other colors the MOAB badge would be very visible.

Being on the top rack the hood decal wasn't really visible at ground level.

The BFG MT KM2's are what caught my eye. If they were the BFG AT's I would have thought it was a Rubicon.

The similarity to mine is what made me take a closer look at it.

20180705_125710.jpg

OP
OP
J&L'sJLU

J&L'sJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Looks Olive Drab colored.
It was Silver. The trees make it look greenish.
Depending on the light, silver looks tinted to whatever the surrounding colors are.

20180702_172144.jpg

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
Not sure it's bitching so much, but 3 shades of grey out of 9 colors is quite a large % that could have been Gobi or olive drab or another popular color people love.
They also have white and black, so over half of the colors are grayscale...

GMojito

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, Mojito JLURUBI
Occupation
Home wrecker
MOAB edition ??? (Admin note - This matches the MOAB decal found in FCA parts catalogue last year)

The color was silver. And here's what stands out: steel bumpers, BFG Mud Terrain KM2s, different looking rock rails, black tow hooks, gray Jeep logo, black wheels.

Spotted in Auburn Hills, MI about 10 miles from FCA Headquarters. It was on a delivery hauler with a couple of Rubi's and couple of sports. It was left on the hauler after the others were unloaded and was taken away.

JL-Wrangler-MOAB-edition.jpg
Of to a car show to be unveiled preorders taken and never seen from again.

Sponsored

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
Yeah, but look at the history of appearance packages with the JK. They never did that. They just couldn't resist keeping those things to a specific trim or year. Despite launching unique colors and features on trims like the 10A or Arctic (or was it Polar?), anything that was ever special about them was eventually made available to standard models.
Yep, I specifically bought a hydro blue Polar edition in 14 because the color was exclusive to that package and was limited to 14 only...well until it came back in 2015-2016 on every friggin' model. If it sells, expect it to stay around.

Last edited:

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Denver craigslist

997076EB-F5A2-42E7-A27B-E3F7F1C502C7.png
That was done by the dealership after delivery. From what I can tell, the JLU in the original post is straight from the factory

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
How was the old Moab equipped? Like a Rubi?will this one be the same lockers etc.?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.