Sponsored

2018 JLUS Clunking Sound (Fixed)

• Thread starter Deleted member 68858
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 68858

Hey guys I hope someone can help me with this (1st Jeep)

I bought my 2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport S about a few months ago. It’s at 41k miles and it’s bone stock, recently I’ve been hearing a sort of loud clunking sound coming from drivers side wheel well when I’m turning right at low speed (pulling out into the road) and even hear the clunk sound when I’m pulling out of a parking spot and also in traffic sometimes. It only happens on slow right turns, pulling out of parking spot which is somewhat inclined and also during soft acceleration in stop and go traffic. I hope it’s not the axle … I hope it’s as simple as tightening some bolts
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Definitely take a look at the sway bar endlinks - the passenger side first, since that's where you're hearing the noise, but also look at the driver side. One or both could be loose or failing, especially since you're hearing the noise when the suspension loads/unloads.

OP
OP

Deleted member 68858

Thanks a lot!! greatly appreciated. I shall point out that possibility to the service advisor when I take it in Tuesday for a brake job.
Definitely take a look at the sway bar endlinks - the passenger side first, since that's where you're hearing the noise, but also look at the driver side. One or both could be loose or failing, especially since you're hearing the noise when the suspension loads/unloads.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
Do you have the factory LSD (Trac-loc)? Could be that. They are known to clunk or clack on takeoff a once the spider gears get chipped.

OP
OP

Deleted member 68858

Thanks for pointing that out!! But thankfully it wasn’t the diff nor the axle. I had no patience at all with this lol so I dropped it off to a shop close to my job that services our company vehicles & I’ve also seen quite a few rigs there. They call back like an hour later and tell me my drivers side lower ball joint bolt wasnt tight enough and they were able to get some more turns out of it after removing the pin for the castle nut. I’m so glad because this saves me the diagnostic fees at the dealer lol …
no pop/clunk/clank noise now and she drives beautifully!!
thanks yall shes ready for the weekend!!
A8DC6992-6B5E-46C2-A035-E43A012A48FA.jpeg

Do you have the factory LSD (Trac-loc)? Could be that. They are known to clunk or clack on takeoff a once the spider gears get chipped.

Sponsored

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
I just wanted to say you have a nice looking Wrangler! I don’t see too many other Sports with the pearl metallic wheels. Hopefully you can get those doors and top off this weekend!

OP
OP

Deleted member 68858

Thank you bro, yours looks great too I really like that color!!

It didn’t come with the tool kit so I got the suparee kit off Amazon and took the top off this past weekend!! & plan on it again this weekend if GA weather will behave.
1F8C842A-E4DE-4EC0-B10E-A3C6B117B613.jpeg
C1A98AF5-4C8D-47BE-B99A-06C97A58C7D2.jpeg

I just wanted to say you have a nice looking Wrangler! I don’t see too many other Sports with the pearl metallic wheels. Hopefully you can get those doors and top off this weekend!
Sponsored