Sponsored

2018 JLUR Deal

LaggyEvo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Lancer Evo X, 2018 JLUR Rubicon (hopefully)
Is this a good deal? Its almost 5.5k off MSRP. Invoice from what I've calculated is $52,738 so at $50,752 thats almost 4% under. The only think I'm hesitant on are the fees they seem higher than I expected for Florida. I believe the estimated fee is for FL tag and registration.
V8AEttM.png
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is this a good deal? Its almost 5.5k off MSRP. Invoice from what I've calculated is $52,738 so at $50,752 thats almost 4% under. The only think I'm hesitant on are the fees they seem higher than I expected for Florida. I believe the estimated fee is for FL tag and registration.
V8AEttM.png
You can get 6% under invoice from @Travis@TriCityJeep in NC with lower doc and dealer fees. You'd save another $1000 just on the percent difference. Not including the cheaper fees. I'd hazard a guess you'd get out about $1500 cheaper to drive to NC.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
If you look around the forum there is a link to an excel spreadsheet that you can update with your options and see pricing up to 5% below invoice which will show you how much you are saving. I used a similar one for a 2 door.

HoWink

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Discounting MSRP and then adding profit back through "fees" is just another hide-the-pea game played by car dealerships. Those fees (other than the government required - not permitted - fees, such as a tag fee, lemon law fee, and taxes) just erode the discount you think you're getting. They don't go into some special account within the dealership - they're just plain old revenue.

As suggested above, check out the deals you can get from out of state dealers. Then, if you're still interested in doing business with a local dealer, tell him the bottom line/out-the-door price you're willing to pay, and then wait or walk. And this isn't a conversation you need to have at the dealership (on his home court). Have the conversation by phone or over email. It gives you more leverage.

That's what I did a couple of weeks ago, and it worked just fine.

HoWink

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Fees are a bit high but I'd probably take that deal to have a JL I bought from a local dealer rather than out of state. Don't get me wrong, I'd love the experience of flying somewhere, picking up my Jeep, and driving it home as a fun road trip, but with some of the issue that have been reported I'd prefer to buy from a local dealer for support. I also am very concerned about Lemon Laws - from what I know, you are covered under the state you buy in so if you have issues and try to Lemon it, you'll have to do it in the state of purchase, not FL, and I've heard that some state's Lemon Laws only cover residents.

I wouldn't buy out of state to save $1000-$1500, but I would to save $5000.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
If you can handle Ocean Blue, my JLUR is for sale. Check out the Jeeps for Sale forum. I put it up there yesterday.

Chopper0425

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU - (Soon to be JLUR)
Occupation
Oilfield Inspector
If you can handle Ocean Blue, my JLUR is for sale. Check out the Jeeps for Sale forum. I put it up there yesterday.
Beautiful Rubicon, but i want an Auto trans

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Wait...what???? Don't want to store it?
Haha. I want a 2 Door. If I can move it, then I'll order the 2 door. Otherwise, I'll hold out. My travel plans won't change though.

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
V8AEttM.png
I wouldn’t touch that deal with a 100ft pole.

Do your pricing research here and come to your own conclusion. Hint, that’s not a good deal my friend.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
V8AEttM.png
those are some high fees. What the heck is a non tax fee? I wouldn't do it, but its your money.
Sponsored