2018 JLU Sport S Misfire?

18JeepJL

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Hello everyone, I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited with the 2.0 turbo engine. I have just about 29k miles on it. It has been great so far, but I have started to notice once it’s warmed up especially after long trips and it’s just idling at a stop light or just sitting and running It feels as if the engine is misfiring every so often, like a hiccup. It’s very intermittent, but concerning. I do run different fuels at times (87-91 octane) but that doesn’t seem to make a difference. I also have never seen a check engine light appear so I would assume it would trigger something if a misfire? Should I start with new spark plugs? But only has less than 30k miles so I’m unsure. Again this only happens once it’s up to operating temp, usually longer trips as well. Any ideas? Thank you.
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
If it were an actual misfire it would throw a CE code. But that doesn't necessarily mean nothing is wrong. What you are seeing could be a precursor to a CE code. It could be spark plugs, wires, ignition coil, or something far worse.

Two weeks ago my 120k mi Subaru was doing the same thing. Last week it threw a CE code. It was worst case scenario. A piston lost compression. It's getting a new engine right now.

Don't ignore it. It will only get worse and may end up leaving you stranded. If you don't have the tools to diagnose it yourself, take it somewhere that does.

OP
OP

18JeepJL

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
If it were an actual misfire it would throw a CE code. But that doesn't necessarily mean nothing is wrong. What you are seeing could be a precursor to a CE code. It could be spark plugs, wires, ignition coil, or something far worse.

Two weeks ago my 120k mi Subaru was doing the same thing. Last week it threw a CE code. It was worst case scenario. A piston lost compression. It's getting a new engine right now.

Don't ignore it. It will only get worse and may end up leaving you stranded. If you don't have the tools to diagnose it yourself, take it somewhere that does.
Yeah for sure. It just sucks having to deal with a fairly new vehicle that I spent so much on with so low miles already having issues. Hopefully it’s something minor like plugs. I’ll probably take it to the Jeep dealer to get a diagnosis. Thank you
Sponsored