Sponsored

2018 JLU Sahara Stock wheels and 2.5 inch lift?

Jposadas88

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hello guys,
I'm new to the jeep world. I purchased a 2018 JLU Sahara for my wife and was planning to upgrade the tires and put a lift on it. From what I have gathered after reading countless articles forums here, this is what I got so far and wanted some confirmation for this set before I spend all this money on it. Thank you in advance!

Rubicon Express 1.5" / 2.5" Standard Kit with Shock Extensions
Nitto - Ridge Grappler Size: LT285/75R18 E/10

I will be installing these tires on my stock rims. Do I need wheel spacers and how much of width I need?

Thank you so much!
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hello guys,
I'm new to the jeep world. I purchased a 2018 JLU Sahara for my wife and was planning to upgrade the tires and put a lift on it. From what I have gathered after reading countless articles forums here, this is what I got so far and wanted some confirmation for this set before I spend all this money on it. Thank you in advance!

Rubicon Express 1.5" / 2.5" Standard Kit with Shock Extensions
Nitto - Ridge Grappler Size: LT285/75R18 E/10

I will be installing these tires on my stock rims. Do I need wheel spacers and how much of width I need?

Thank you so much!
If you just install it as is, you'll get very slight rub on your factory lower control arms. Which isn't a big issue, but like I mentioned earlier, putting a washer behind the steering stop bolt will remedy this.

OR, some aftermarket lower control arms may provide more clearance than the stock so that is another option you could look at.