OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
True 35” on a 37” KO2. BFG is grossly undersized on their claims. At least everybody knows this
They aren’t measured like that. None of them are. There are only a few that even get remotely close to rated size when loaded on a vehicle when measured that way. I understand the confusion, but they are what they say are rated to be when measured correctly. Just like every other tire. Did you not see any other of those pictures? It obvious none of these manufacturers use this method to give the proper diameter.
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A pretty darn close measurement can be had for you new tires with this equation. If people want to know what their tires will measure, loaded, try this.....

Find your Revolutions per mile for your tire. You can find that at Tire Rack, Discount tire etc.

Here’s an example for a standard tire people use.

315/70/17 BFG KO2

604 revolutions per mile

5280 / 604 = 8.74 x 12 / 3.1416 = 33.39” tall

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Let's do our own test...how about you post a pic measuring your 37" ko2 and let me know tire pressure? I'll match it with my 37" milestars and we can compare.
Time to whip out that measuring tape ChattVol!

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
They aren’t measured like that. None of them are. There are only a few that even get remotely close to rated size when loaded on a vehicle when measured that way. I understand the confusion, but they are what they say are rated to be when measured correctly. Just like every other tire. Did you not see any other of those pictures? It obvious none of these manufacturers use this method to give the proper diameter.
BFGs don’t measure what they claim. None of their tires ever have; ive had quite a few. Goodyear, Cooper, and Toyo are very accurate in my experience.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:CWL: I guess size does matter.:movember: I run 25-26 psi...so should break out the compressor and lift her up a bit, but I'm too lazy. Here's mine at 25-26psi.. @OnlyOne
kMINRna.jpg
Yep. Just as I thought. About 1/4” of each other. Thanks. :CWL:

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BFGs don’t measure what they claim. None of their tires ever have; ive had quite a few. Goodyear, Cooper, and Toyo are very accurate in my experience.
Once again. None of them do and no, cooper or Toyo aren’t anywhere close. They aren’t supposed to. That’s not how to measure diameter. End of story. No manufacturer measures diameter loaded from the ground up. Give it up.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Once again. None of them do and no, cooper or Toyo aren’t anywhere close. They aren’t supposed to. That’s not how to measure diameter. End of story. No manufacturer measures diameter loaded from the ground up. Give it up.
Well I will say this. BFG comes in a solid 0.5” smaller then the competition. That is a fact...when loaded on my wrangler. The only height that matters.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I will say this. BFG comes in a solid 0.5” smaller then the competition. That is a fact...when loaded on my wrangler. The only height that matters.
:facepalm:

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
37” KO2 should come out to a true 35” at around 28-32 psi. My 315 KO2s have always measured just a hair over 33”
Bye the way, do you have the new Ranger?

Sponsored

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Bye the way, do you have the new Ranger?
Nope 2002. Sold my TJR prior to my engagement to my beautiful wife. Used the proceeds from that to pay for my wedding. Was a 2005 with 22k miles, AEV Mopar rock crawler front/rear bumpers, AEV tj Bridger wheels, and a OME lift. Was cherry.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Good lookin TJ. Just curious on the ranger. My wife bought a new one. Nice little truck.
I’ve heard mostly good reviews on the ranger. Is it true you have to remove one of the front tires to do an oil change? Gonna rotate anyway just seemed odd when I heard that lol

OP
OP
OrangeJL15

OrangeJL15

First Name
Dudtin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sport S
well just for the record, my "37's" at 35 PSI measure out to just under 35 inches. They seem to fill out the wheel well perfectly on a 3.5" lift. I'm really not too concerned that they aren't quite as large as say the milestar pategonia 37" tires because they're solid tires in most every category and fit my needs very well. They're definitely a better fit than 285/75's and honestly I should have gone with these from the beginning.
Sponsored