2018 JLU Rubicon: Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon

OrangieMae

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I neee some advice on what to do next. See console message I received before my jeep shut down on the road.

My anger over the last 3 years has escalated and culminated in my jeep shutting down on Saturday in the middle of the road. I knew that being an early adopter of the first run of the JLU (2018) could have been problematic but Ive taken it to to dealer almost every 6 months for reverse camera malfunctions, auto start/stop issues, etc.

I have never seen a message loke this before which is what was displayed right before my jeep shut down and has no power what so ever. Before I write my complaint to corporate I thought I would try this forum. My jeep is at the Nyle Maxwell dealership in Austin, TX right now and they are telling me my warranty was out on May 30th when Ive been bringing the jeep in numerous time for the same problem.

What should my next steps be?

78B735B8-A9D2-47C2-BAF3-3D67F37874EF.jpeg
Sponsored

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
Perhaps contact an attorney? I'm sure they could tell you a lot more than (most) people on this forum. Hopefully more/others can chime in on this - good luck!

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
This is a total shot in the dark, but my guess from looking at the dash is some sort of electrical issue. You may want to consider a getting a code scanner. They're super cheap these days, and give you a wealth of information. Hope Jeep takes care of you, let us know how it goes. If it's engine/powertrain related, shouldn't it be covered by the 5/50K warranty?

I'm almost afraid to sell any of my older vehicles because I feel that vehicles are just going to get much more complex for limited utility value of the complexity.

ddarrent

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I neee some advice on what to do next. See console message I received before my jeep shut down on the road.

My anger over the last 3 years has escalated and culminated in my jeep shutting down on Saturday in the middle of the road. I knew that being an early adopter of the first run of the JLU (2018) could have been problematic but Ive taken it to to dealer almost every 6 months for reverse camera malfunctions, auto start/stop issues, etc.

I have never seen a message loke this before which is what was displayed right before my jeep shut down and has no power what so ever. Before I write my complaint to corporate I thought I would try this forum. My jeep is at the Nyle Maxwell dealership in Austin, TX right now and they are telling me my warranty was out on May 30th when Ive been bringing the jeep in numerous time for the same problem.

What should my next steps be?

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JLU Rubicon: Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon 78B735B8-A9D2-47C2-BAF3-3D67F37874EF
I have the exact same problem. 2018 JLU Rubicon. Stop start and backup camera garbage all the time for 3 years.
Sponsored