Sponsored

2018 JLU ordering still open?

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I have been negotiating over the internet with a dealership. We settled on a price for a JLU Sport S, I sent a copy of my license, and called in to give credit card info for the deposit yesterday (8/14/18). This morning I asked for confirmation that the order was placed and accepted, but haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone else placed orders this week? Were they accepted or rejected? It's unclear when the order banks are closing for sold orders from dealers.
Sponsored

Lgreen51

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I have been negotiating over the internet with a dealership. We settled on a price for a JLU Sport S, I sent a copy of my license, and called in to give credit card info for the deposit yesterday (8/14/18). This morning I asked for confirmation that the order was placed and accepted, but haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone else placed orders this week? Were they accepted or rejected? It's unclear when the order banks are closing for sold orders from dealers.
I ordered one yesterday. Order banks are still open

OP
OP
CNY-JLUS

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer sent my receipt for deposit and said they placed the order, so I guess I'm getting a 2018 Jeep. At some point. Not sure what next steps are.

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Congrats!
Ask for the Priced Order Confirmation print out, that will show you exact order date and time and the VON. Request the same again after a couple of days and that will have VIN in it. Then you can pester the Jeep chat like rest of us for status updates :)

OP
OP
CNY-JLUS

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats!
Ask for the Priced Order Confirmation print out, that will show you exact order date and time and the VON. Request the same again after a couple of days and that will have VIN in it. Then you can pester the Jeep chat like rest of us for status updates :)
Thanks. I will do that. I feel funny relying on them just saying they ordered it after reading some posts that say dealers waited a week or more to finally submit. Seeing is believing. My anticipation during the wait will be based on worry, not excitement.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CNY-JLUS

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked the dealer for the Priced Confirmation printout, and they said it was sent to me yesterday. This is what I have from the dealer (name removed). There's no VOM, status is "BA-Pending order," build priority "99," and the customer name/address are blank. Is this correct?

Attachments

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
This is from when they were playing in the system to add your options and have the pricing. This was from before they submitted the order. You would want one printed after the order submission, that should have your name, address, VON and the time when order was submitted.
At the top it says Configuration Preview, for the submitted order it will say "Priced Order Confirmation".

OP
OP
CNY-JLUS

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the info. I emailed the dealer requesting this, and he said he'd check. Three hours and a phone message later I get in in an email with the POC. Has my name and address with a VON. Status is still "BA - Pending Order." He said he made sure it was ordered and everything looks good. Except the ordered date and time was five minutes before he sent it. So if I hadn't checked, I don't think it would have been ordered, and maybe the order window would have closed. But I have a VON, so now I can breathe a little easier.

ccbryancampbell34

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
I asked the dealer for the Priced Confirmation printout, and they said it was sent to me yesterday. This is what I have from the dealer (name removed). There's no VOM, status is "BA-Pending order," build priority "99," and the customer name/address are blank. Is this correct?
I’ve been in a long, drawn out process trying to find the best dealership to purchase from, because I live in Hawaii where there’s only 2-3 dealerships on island and prices are extremely inflated. When I finally found a good dealership, the sales rep took 3 weeks to submit an order because of the drastic time difference, I kept getting pushed off, and he had another job. I skipped him when I was fed up and went straight to his supervisor. Finally, they submitted my order last Friday (8/10/2018). I received a VIN and “D1 - Gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned” status on the following Monday (8/13/2018) on my Price Order Confirmation receipt. Estimated Ship Date is 8/20/2018 to the dealership, except idk how true that ESD is.

Lgreen51

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I am doing the same thing today. Sending credit card and told it will be on order. It is confusing and I would like an answer too. Told it is 2018 but won't arrive for 8-12 weeks. That puts it in mid November. Would think 2019s would be out by then? Sadly, the dealer has a 4 cylinder in stock with the exact equipment and in the color I want. I thought I wanted a 4 cyl for additional torque, but the more the read, the less I like it. It seems VERY complicated. Lots to go wrong. So anyway I am ordering the V6. Should I wait until 2019's are available?

Sponsored

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
I am doing the same thing today. Sending credit card and told it will be on order. It is confusing and I would like an answer too. Told it is 2018 but won't arrive for 8-12 weeks. That puts it in mid November. Would think 2019s would be out by then? Sadly, the dealer has a 4 cylinder in stock with the exact equipment and in the color I want. I thought I wanted a 4 cyl for additional torque, but the more the read, the less I like it. It seems VERY complicated. Lots to go wrong. So anyway I am ordering the V6. Should I wait until 2019's are available?
Only reason to wait for 2019 would be if there is a new option available that you absolutely want Or if you plan to sell it in 2-4 years. 2019 production doesn't start till late October so December would be more realistic for delivery.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
If you don’t like the 2.0 complexity you may not want a 2019. There’s a huge chance that the 3.6 will be standard with the hybrid system just like the 2.0.

UCF Knights

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Sting Grey, MB C63 AMG, Range Rover Sport
I'm getting conflicting data too. I was able to order a JLUR Saturday Aug 11 from one dealer while another dealer told me he could not order '18's because "it was closed". I still don't have my VIN yet so it's probable that the 1st dealer never ordered me anything. All I got was the generic build sheet with pricing. I sent a message today asking for the VIN or at minimum the Confirmation sheet.

Scott from NC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A mom Van, researching our next Wrangler
Is it still possible to order?
How long should I expect for build time if I order JLUR automatic, Mojito with color matched flares, and the KO2s?

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.
Is it still possible to order?
How long should I expect for build time if I order JLUR automatic, Mojito with color matched flares, and the KO2s?
I ordered a JLUR fully loaded with LEDs and steel bumpers last Thursday and called my dealer on Saturday and got the VIN
Sponsored