2018 JLU Lift Questions

BryannaGazo01

First Name
Bryanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Hey everyone! I’m new to the Jeep world. Bought a 2018 JLU Sport. I want to get it lifted but have some questions about that. I’m wanting a 2.5 inch lift with either 33s or 35s. I was quoted just under $7k for the 2.5 inch lift, (5) 35 inch tires/wheels. Is that around the price to be expected or a little steep? Can anyone post pics of their Jeep with 2.5 inch lift and either 33s or 35s? Thanks in advance!

F980D564-DA88-4315-AF0B-0F83BE1601F8.jpeg
Sponsored

jefflilj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S color Mojito!
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Welcome. I’m pretty new as well.
haven’t lifted my sport yet, but just bought a rubicon take off suspension. As for the $7k price, there’s too many variables to know if it’s a fair price or not. It really depends on what lift system you are getting. They can be anywhere from $1k to $4k from what I have seen.
same with tires and wheels. Could be $1200 to $3k for just those.
What lift, wheels and tires are you going with?

OP
OP

BryannaGazo01

First Name
Bryanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Welcome. I’m pretty new as well.
haven’t lifted my sport yet, but just bought a rubicon take off suspension. As for the $7k price, there’s too many variables to know if it’s a fair price or not. It really depends on what lift system you are getting. They can be anywhere from $1k to $4k from what I have seen.
same with tires and wheels. Could be $1200 to $3k for just those.
What lift, wheels and tires are you going with?
I honestly can’t remember and it doesn’t say in the quote. But I told them I wasn’t planning on doing much off roading, occasionally camping and commute to work. Any Recomendations on type of lift/ tire brands would be awesome!

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Jeff is correct in the first response above. A lot of variables.

Here are some pics of my rig, ‘20 Sahara. Before and after lift, wheels and tires. I added 2” Mopar lift, 20” FUEL wheels with 35” tires: 35s are TOYO Open Country A/T II XTREME (35X12.50RTLT). Total elevation change of 5.5”. Ride is fantastic.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JLU Lift Questions 5FF645F5-ABA6-419F-AD50-03AE5A03F3B1

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JLU Lift Questions 7D6FE999-7462-4CEE-B7B3-B763D3B430BA

OP
OP

BryannaGazo01

First Name
Bryanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Jeff is correct in the first response above. A lot of variables.

Here are some pics of my rig, ‘20 Sahara. Before and after lift, wheels and tires. I added 2” Mopar lift, 20” FUEL wheels with 35” tires: 35s are TOYO Open Country A/T II XTREME (35X12.50RTLT). Total elevation change of 5.5”. Ride is fantastic.

That is the exact look that I want! Did you get everything done at a dealership or somewhere else?

Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
That is the exact look that I want! Did you get everything done at a dealership or somewhere else?
I got everything done at the dealership.

But let me explain why because I know there a folks on this forum that are cringing their teeth right now and yelling at their phones..... :facepalm: :angry:

The dealership where I had this work done is part of a family of dealerships that I have dealt with for over 20 years. Purchased vehicles from them, EXCELLENT SERVICE AFTERWARDS!!!! TOP NOTCH FOLKS.

The sales guy knew what I was wanting to do because I had built a business relationship with him and he actually cared about what my wants and needs were. He directed me to their parts department. The parts department guy hooked me up with their distributer for wheels and tires and they passed the complete savings to me.

But, I was working two avenues (unknown to the dealership)

Also, I spoke on several occasions with a local reputable shop that does a lot of lifts, wheels, tires etc throughout southern Indiana. People are coming to them from several hours away to have them work on their stuff. I have seen their work (FANTASTIC). I had even test driven a ‘19 Wrangler which they lifted. Basically the same set up I was looking for. Loved it!!!! So I spoke to the OWNER of the shop about what I was looking to do. FYI he handles their shop/show room. Stopped into his shop on another occasion to let him know my rig was on order from the factory. Spoke again to him directly during this visit. Contacted him once during the vehicle build to let him know an updated status from the good folks in Toledo, OH.

I was looking to spend over $6,000 ACTUALLY TO BE FAIR, closer to $7k, with them. They knock this stuff out of the park in like half a day. They got it down to a science.

The guy never got back with me. I even called and spoke to him directly again
asking for an update. His reply, “it’s been crazy here. Can I get with you by mid next week?”, sure. Never got back with me.

Call it principle, but they will NEVER get a dime of my $. I will not even step back in the shop. They would not lift a finger to support when there is $ for them to make, why would anyone think they would be around to support for service later.

So yes, I had the work done by the dealership. Great work. Very pleased. And yes while people are thinking it. I take it there for service. And yes they know how much oil to put in it. I know that there are dealerships out there that cannot rib two sticks together, but the folks at BOB POYNTER, Jeep in Seymour, IN are the real deal!!!!!!

OP
OP

BryannaGazo01

First Name
Bryanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Did you change the
I got everything done at the dealership.

But let me explain why because I know there a folks on this forum that are cringing their teeth right now and yelling at their phones..... :facepalm: :angry:

The dealership where I had this work done is part of a family of dealerships that I have dealt with for over 20 years. Purchased vehicles from them, EXCELLENT SERVICE AFTERWARDS!!!! TOP NOTCH FOLKS.

The sales guy knew what I was wanting to do because I had built a business relationship with him and he actually cared about what my wants and needs were. He directed me to their parts department. The parts department guy hooked me up with their distributer for wheels and tires and they passed the complete savings to me.

But, I was working two avenues (unknown to the dealership)

Also, I spoke on several occasions with a local reputable shop that does a lot of lifts, wheels, tires etc throughout southern Indiana. People are coming to them from several hours away to have them work on their stuff. I have seen their work (FANTASTIC). I had even test driven a ‘19 Wrangler which they lifted. Basically the same set up I was looking for. Loved it!!!! So I spoke to the OWNER of the shop about what I was looking to do. FYI he handles their shop/show room. Stopped into his shop on another occasion to let him know my rig was on order from the factory. Spoke again to him directly during this visit. Contacted him once during the vehicle build to let him know an updated status from the good folks in Toledo, OH.

I was looking to spend over $6,000 ACTUALLY TO BE FAIR, closer to $7k, with them. They knock this stuff out of the park in like half a day. They got it down to a science.

The guy never got back with me. I even called and spoke to him directly again
asking for an update. His reply, “it’s been crazy here. Can I get with you by mid next week?”, sure. Never got back with me.

Call it principle, but they will NEVER get a dime of my $. I will not even step back in the shop. They would not lift a finger to support when there is $ for them to make, why would anyone think they would be around to support for service later.

So yes, I had the work done by the dealership. Great work. Very pleased. And yes while people are thinking it. I take it there for service. And yes they know how much oil to put in it. I know that there are dealerships out there that cannot rib two sticks together, but the folks at BOB POYNTER, Jeep in Seymour, IN are the real deal!!!!!!
Did you change the gears also? Some place told me I’d have to update my gears either now or in a year or so to save my transmission while running on the 35s

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
If you know any avid Jeepers or maybe someone active on this forum that's in your area you may be able to get it installed through them for a big savings. Lift installs aren't too tough for those that have done a few. Just food for thought. And if you end up going no larger than a 34" tire (some 315/70/17s run about that high you could go w/ a Rubicon suspension swap, those parts can be found in the $150 range, and work out well.
Here's my install thread on my 2 dr sport, but will be the same for your 4drs.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

Blades

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
Here are a couple of pics of my 18 sport. Running the mopar lift and 35s

5AA5ECBC-8E7B-4FB7-8669-D4233F961FCF.jpeg

AC4A49FE-2159-44B1-A3E7-A9C40A78B2B2.jpeg
Sponsored