Ozionjon

Ozionjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Wall of text ahead, not sure what you're aware of out here or if you're new to the trails but there's tons of good stuff pretty local.

You're close to one of my favorite runs. Cleghorn Ridge is just off the I-15 exit of the same name, hop off the exit and you start a climb and 15 miles of trail. Some challenging stuff and bypasses if you want to skip anything particularly challenging, but you should be good for everything up there save for a few skid plate hits in a stock Jeep. May wanna grab some Rubicon takeoff wheels/tires from Facebook Marketplace or Offerup (or these forums if you can find some local). $800ish gets you 33" BFG KO2s which are a great, inexpensive upgrade for sport models.

Once you hop off the trail at Silverwood Lake you can hit the road home, or if you want more drive around the lake to the entrance of Pilot Rock OHV trail, another ~13 miles of trail similar to Cleghorn that takes you into Lake Arrowhead. Beyond there, especially this time of year I've been digging taking the Holcomb Valley trail all 26 miles through the mud and snow. Where that terminates, there's yet another trail that takes you out to the desert and Pioneertown on the other side of the mountains. You can almost cross the entire SBNF on trails - and as you upgrade you're able to take on the badge of honor trails up there (Holcomb creek, John Bull, Gold Mountain). White Mountain and Tip Top Mountain are both fun in the summer and doable stock.

Outside of the San Bernardino trails, Rowher Flats OHV is awesome. Satisfying climbs and great views. Also over there but only open mid-april through October is Lockwood/Miller Jeep Trail, an epic 4-5 hour journey through a remote valley with some pretty fun challenges. Again pretty doable in a stock Jeep but will get a bit hairy at the top on the final climb.

And lastly, probably a couple hour drive south but Sandstone Canyon is unreal. As you trek up the canyon the walls close in and soon you're driving through a slot canyon only a few feet wider than the Jeep. Towards the end you're straddling the walls with your tires. It's breathtaking, got a picture of that:
IMG_4367.JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

Thanks for the Info!!
Sponsored

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
My JL sport popped out of 4lo last hunting season on a very large bump. I suspect it was not “in” all the way. After I put it back in 4lo it was flawless for a week after that of solid 4lo driving. With that 8 speed it had mine up to about 30 mph no problems.

Shu

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon diesel
hey Guys, Im new here and new to wranglers a well.

I recently picked up a 2018 JLU and while I was out having some fun with it today I was in 4lo doing MAYBE 10-12MPH tops and I lost all power because it seemed like the jeep shifted me to neutral because I was "exceeding the 4lo speed" or at the least that's what the message that popped up said.

After that happened I got a "service 4wd" light that stayed on until I shut the jeep off and after shutting it off it didn't come back on.

should I be concerned at all? And I read that the top speed for 4 lo is 25MPH(which I know thats pretty quick to be in 4lo) is that accurate?

Thanks!
It’s happened to me with my 2020 rubicon diesel, they opened a STAR case and the result was them replacing the whole transfer case and sending to FCA. Got the new one in and was able to reproduce the same issue again 3 times in a row on video. It’s back in the shop again. Lemon law case will be in works for the 3rd time if it’s not fixed. Will keep you posted

OP
OP
Ozionjon

Ozionjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
It’s happened to me with my 2020 rubicon diesel, they opened a STAR case and the result was them replacing the whole transfer case and sending to FCA. Got the new one in and was able to reproduce the same issue again 3 times in a row on video. It’s back in the shop again. Lemon law case will be in works for the 3rd time if it’s not fixed. Will keep you posted
Wow!

What a bummer.

Mine has not happened since that day and it only happened once. I figured it was because I wasn't completely shifted into 4lo like others have said.

Sponsored

Shu

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon diesel
Had it happen again yesterday right after I engaged 4lo. Was fine after all day.
Take it to the dealer so they can build a data base on these things and find a fix, the more people that do it the quicker the fix and FCA will see that something is not right

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Take it to the dealer so they can build a data base on these things and find a fix, the more people that do it the quicker the fix and FCA will see that something is not right
Dealer is 1.5 hours away and a bunch of idiots.
Sponsored