2018 JLU Custom Order

ardefino

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering a 2018 Jeep Sahara
Brand new to this forum and to Jeeps in general. I've never owned one before but my wife has been wanting one for longer than I've known her. On 8/21 I placed an order for a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara after the dealer told me they were accepting orders. My dealer told me last Saturday a VIN# has been assigned and he is showing a shipping date of 10/7. From what I'm reading in the forums this seems pretty early. Do you think it is accurate? Dealer also cautioned that a lot of times they get no updates from the factory and out of the blue a truck load of vehicles just shows up.
Sponsored

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Brand new to this forum and to Jeeps in general. I've never owned one before but my wife has been wanting one for longer than I've known her. On 8/21 I placed an order for a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara after the dealer told me they were accepting orders. My dealer told me last Saturday a VIN# has been assigned and he is showing a shipping date of 10/7. From what I'm reading in the forums this seems pretty early. Do you think it is accurate? Dealer also cautioned that a lot of times they get no updates from the factory and out of the blue a truck load of vehicles just shows up.
Oh man I hope you didn't order thinking it was for the all-new redesigned Wrangler? Your title says "JLU" which is the all-new 4-door Wrangler that doesn't start production until November and isn't even available for ordering yet.

What you ordered is the "JKU" - the current generation 4-door Wrangler which will stop production forever in a few months (March 2018).

What's confusing some customers is that there will be a 2018 Jeep Sahara JLU and JKU because they will overlap in production and sales for a few months. Many dealers aren't any help in explaining this because they're just as confused -- see Explained: Why Dealers Are Confusing 2018 JKU Orders for Next-Gen 2018 JL Wrangler

OP
OP

ardefino

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering a 2018 Jeep Sahara
Now that makes sense because what the dealer was saying and what the forums were saying did not add up. I'm looking over my order and it says 2018 Wrangler JK 4 Door Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x4 (JKJP74). Luckily, my wife will be just as surprised and happy with this one so it is not a deal breaker for me. She currently drives a 2009 Honda Odyssey so you can imagine. This is a great forum!! I'm going to recommend my dealer join!
Sponsored