2018 JLU Aux temporarily unavailable battery charging

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Yes I do have 3.6. I completely agree I could do without having to turn it off every time I crank it as well! Still haven’t heard back from the dealership but I’m hoping it’s just a simple fix.
If they do not respond on time, Try to disconnect and reconnect the batteries yourself as a last resort. Wait 30 seconds after you disconnect to reconnect. See if that resolves anything. That was what I had done once and it helped. Will be better however if the dealership does this themselves since they could have erred when they were working on your Jeep.

Here is a guide on doing a disconnect since the newer Wranglers have two batteries (main one and an aux one for ESS): https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/to-kill-12v-power-to-the-jl-jlu.6244/
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Last I heard they said it was a bad fuse... kept it overnight. I haven’t picked it up yet to see what they did.
I’m gonna bet you that they also ran the “battery check’ that they did on mine. It takes a long time (they say) and it needs to be kept overnight. Hopefully it was a simple fix for you and you can get Jeeping again tonight!

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Had my ESS do the same. They replaced the aux battery, twice. Ended up being a bad relay. They replaced the fuse box. It's been fine since then.

Sponsored

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Had my ESS do the same. They replaced the aux battery, twice. Ended up being a bad relay. They replaced the fuse box. It's been fine since then.
I disconnected the battery and then reconnected after 30 seconds. That took care of the issue for me. (fingers crossed).

OP
OP
Crystalee

Crystalee

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
They replaced my aux battery and fuse as well!

OP
OP
Crystalee

Crystalee

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Dealer replaced my aux battery & the fuse as well. I’m hoping this isn’t something that will need to be replaced every couple of years. Thank you to everyone that responded!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Mine is starting to do this, too, but I think it's my main battery. It's only showing 12.0v when the engine isn't running and it's been struggling to start lately. Mopar batteries are notorious for eating shit after 2-3 years and since I have a 2018, the timing sounds about right. Hopefully it's as simple as that.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Mine will do this after it sits for a couple days with the fridge running in the back. After running for about a minute. I am good to go.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I replaced my main battery, didn't bother with fuses, relays, or the aux battery, and everything is fine now. The "Aux Temporarily Unavailable" message and the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" message that would randomly appear for a brief moment when starting the Jeep are gone. I also notice my door locks don't actuate as sluggishly as they used to, which was something that started a few months ago.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Hmmm 2018 and still under warrantee, whose warrantee??? Jeeps is gone in 3 years, unless extended and they dont cover batteries??

Just interested and hope all is solved no matter!

Go Jeep!!!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Hmmm 2018 and still under warrantee, whose warrantee??? Jeeps is gone in 3 years, unless extended and they dont cover batteries??

Just interested and hope all is solved no matter!

Go Jeep!!!
This thread is almost 3 years old.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
leave it to me to not check the date??? Thanks for letting me know!!! Daaaa Sept 2020 seems like last post? Don't know how I even picked it up?

You can tell by my sidebar "new" CJ5 that it's an old guy posting!! LOL

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored