2018 JLU Aux temporarily unavailable battery charging

Crystalee

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Had my screen replaced at the dealership due to delamination and now at times when I crank my Jeep it reads aux temporarily unavailable battery charging. Could it have been something the dealership did when they replaced the screen? I have nothing extra hooked uP to my AUX. Should I take it in to get looked at? Anyone else seen this?
Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
This is the problem with factory features. They nanny you. It's better to go aftermarket whenever possible.

OP
OP
Crystalee

Crystalee

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the problem with factory features. They nanny you. It's better to go aftermarket whenever possible.
It’s still under warranty so no aftermarket work was needed.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Had my screen replaced at the dealership due to delamination and now at times when I crank my Jeep it reads aux temporarily unavailable battery charging. Could it have been something the dealership did when they replaced the screen? I have nothing extra hooked uP to my AUX. Should I take it in to get looked at? Anyone else seen this?
To answer your question more directly, yes, you should take it in. They may need to perform another flash to correct the issue. This should be at no charge to you. Should take sub-30 mins once it’s in the bay.

EDIT:

I would also ask about the voltage of your battery. So that they are checking both the flash data they used to update the head unit and your battery. 2 birds with 1 stone.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Really sounds like it’s either the flash or a battery that’s low.

Im leaning towards a battery that’s low as that message I believe is from the battery sensors.

But it won’t hurt to have them check the flash. If you hadn’t had the head unit recently replaced I wouldn’t even mention flash data and just went straight to the batteries.

They will likely check one of the batteries first though and I bet that will be where the issue is.

OP
OP
Crystalee

Crystalee

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To answer your question more directly, yes, you should take it in. They may need to perform another flash to correct the issue. This should be at no charge to you. Should take sub-30 mins once it’s in the bay.

EDIT:

I would also ask about the voltage of your battery. So that they are checking both the flash data they used to update the head unit and your battery. 2 birds with 1 stone.
Thank you, taking it in this morning. I will ask about that.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, taking it in this morning. I will ask about that.
Just really make sure they check the batteries. That should be your number one concern. I only mention flash data as you recently had your head unit replaced. Batteries again should be your chief concern. Wouldn’t want to be potentially stranded.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
My 2020 3.6L does this half the time I get in it. There are a number of threads on this. Bottom line, the ESS sucks. It is truly awful.

that said, OP, bring it into your dealer. I did. They May have to keep it over night to run some kind of “long“ test on the batteries. Mine did. “Nothing wrong. Works as intended”....... yep, ok ess tells me it’s not working half the time and there’s nothing wrong..... GREAT system.

i now press the start button and then immediately press the ESS OFF button and try to forget about a $60k vehicle that had 12 year olds engineer the ESS That saves FCA money on CAFE fines and costs me headaches.

OP
OP
Crystalee

Crystalee

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers disconnect the battery for everything, even to replace a light bulb. Chances are they disconnected the battery to work on the head unit.

It could be something as simple as a loose battery terminal.

Good luck.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
I did come across this earlier as well, to the dealership now I’ll let you guys know what they do! Thank you for your advice guys.
Do you have the 3.6? I have had a similar issue but they went away by itself. You can thank the ESS and it's aux battery for that one I have been told. I now always turn it off whenever I get in. Recommend you do the same. Won't be surprised if FCA needs to to a TSB or a Recall due to the ESS down the road. Nearly $60k vehicle with a questionable ESS just so that the tree huggers in the government can be satisfied. Bravo FCA and EPA :facepalm:

OP
OP
Crystalee

Crystalee

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the 3.6? I have had a similar issue but they went away by itself. You can thank the ESS and it's aux battery for that one I have been told. I now always turn it off whenever I get in. Recommend you do the same. Won't be surprised if FCA needs to to a TSB or a Recall due to the ESS down the road. Nearly $60k vehicle with a questionable ESS just so that the tree huggers in the government can be satisfied. Bravo FCA and EPA :facepalm:
Yes I do have 3.6. I completely agree I could do without having to turn it off every time I crank it as well! Still haven’t heard back from the dealership but I’m hoping it’s just a simple fix.
Sponsored