2018 JLU 3.6 67K miles: To Date

Bill G

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Sport JL
I feel like I'm constantly working on this Jeep, which is good and bad I suppose. Started with a leaking radiator, after a $900 quote from the dealer, I did it myself for the cost of the radiator and fluid, $180ish. Why install a petcock you can't get to?...
Then the P0301 code hit, R&Rd the #1 Spark Plug and Coil, seemed to get better. The P0301 came back, so I youtube'd how to change O2 sensors, did all four over the weekend, only the upstream on the right looked fouled, so I kept them for future parts if need be. Have plenty of fender clips left over as well. Still seems to have a slight misfire when I first start her up, so I guess I'll have to finally go pay the dentist at the dealership to tell me what's wrong.
I did finally do something for me, installed the Quadratech QRC front bumper last weekend with plans to do a winch shortly. Just venting I suppose. RIPP coil packs are on the list, might do those before I head to the dealer for diagnostics.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bill G

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Sport JL
Got lucky, bought the extended warranty. They put a new engine in her, gave me another 36 month/100k warranty!

Scout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jLUR Firecracker Red, '04 TJR Solar Yellow
I bought my 2018 in 2020 with 22k miles on it and made sure to get the 7 year extended warranty. No way will I ever have a vehicle with this much electronics and complicated mechanicals without a warranty.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Got lucky, bought the extended warranty. They put a new engine in her, gave me another 36 month/100k warranty!
oh damn a whole new engine? I recently got this code too. I'm at 67k miles. I do have the extended lifetime warranty and I'm hoping they cover it, but a new engine. That's really something 😕

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
oh damn a whole new engine? I recently got this code too. I'm at 67k miles. I do have the extended lifetime warranty and I'm hoping they cover it, but a new engine. That's really something 😕
its not extremely uncommon for rocker arm / valve lifter failure to occur that causes camshaft damage. It’s more likely to be something else, but it happens. You can either diagnose it properly or throw a few hundred dollars worth of parts at it.
Sponsored