2018 JL - Wrangler Unlimited Sport S - Starting Problem

cal28

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL unlimited sport
Hello, picked up a 2018 Wrangler JL Sport S on Friday evening 7/13/2018. Saturday morning post Gym - it won't start - left me stranded in the parking lot. Called the dealership - they transfered me to service department. The service guy did some troubling shoot after a couple of minutes it randomly started. Got home - parked for an hour - then decided to go out shopping with the same issue - after 10 minutes it started - at the shopping parking lot same issue - after 20 minutes it started. All thru the afternoon I tested the vehicle and continued to have the same issue. In that time my sales guy had called and we arranged for me to bring the car in on Monday 7/16/2018. My greatest concern is I have my 80 year mother and two young children - I would hate to be left stranded with my family in the car - unacceptable to be put out like this on a brand new vehicle. I will update this forum as we move along -
Sponsored

Closure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion tc
Make sure all fuses are seated. Some saying they are not fully in on their new jl

OP
OP

cal28

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure all fuses are seated. Some saying they are not fully in on their new jl
I am bringing it in to the dealer tomorrow - I have work and feel so put out though - it's a new car and a vehicle i've wanted for a long time - very disappointed

Thank you for your concern

OP
OP

cal28

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am bringing it in to the dealer tomorrow - I have work and feel so put out though - it's a new car and a vehicle i've wanted for a long time - very disappointed

Thank you for your concern
——————/—-//——-

Dropped the car at the dealer this am- they ran some tests and then indicated they would need to call Chrysler as they couldn’t figure out the reason behind the starting problem. I’m so disappointed and question why me? Why did I end up with a bad car. . I haven’t heard since let’s hope for news tomorrow.

MgcCrkr

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2018 JLU Sahara
——————/—-//——-

Dropped the car at the dealer this am- they ran some tests and then indicated they would need to call Chrysler as they couldn’t figure out the reason behind the starting problem. I’m so disappointed and question why me? Why did I end up with a bad car. . I haven’t heard since let’s hope for news tomorrow.

Could you please update? Our week old 2018 JLU Sport S just had to be towed last night. Seems like an electrical system failure after first time using the remote start. Still waiting for an update from the service center.

Sponsored

OP
OP

cal28

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could you please update? Our week old 2018 JLU Sport S just had to be towed last night. Seems like an electrical system failure after first time using the remote start. Still waiting for an update from the service center.

OP
OP

cal28

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m so sorry for the delayed response! My car has been to the dealer three or four times still have the same problem - they first said it was the battery then I had to wait for a part to come in. I’m still having the same issue. I just made a video and sent to the dealer. I have full rights to file a lemon law claim! I’m done! It’s something related to the start stop I think but who knows - I’m tired trying

Best,
Cal

Ps what’s going on with yours?

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Any further update?
Sponsored