MurrayKB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler
Hello all!

I've been scrolling through recent posts and wanted to see if anyone has had any issues with the 2021 recall software update for all JL/Gladiator Jeeps?

I just dropped my '18 JL Sport S off at the 'Stealership' and picked it up the following day. Upon returning home, I went to go out that evening and found it wouldn't start. Checked all the usual challenges, battery, ignition etc. and was a no go.
Further challenges showed my secondary battery was low but not enough to hinder basic ignition. Threw both on a charger for a few hours, still nothing. The only thing I would get is the Xmas tree lights would all go off and the Security light stayed on constantly.

Long story short, I had to end up towing it back to the 'Stealership' for further info.

Inquiring if anyone else has had any recent issues and what resolve you may have come to?

K.M.

20210419_192320.jpg
Sponsored

Jeep1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
my 2019 UR 3.6 motor, while driving the screen would just go black and becomes non responsive. After shutting the Jeep off for a few hours and turning it back on. Workers again. Dropped off at dealer, same old story, ā€œwe canā€™t fix any issues u have unless we can produce itā€. Electrical issues is the main problems with the newer Jeeps.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello all!

I've been scrolling through recent posts and wanted to see if anyone has had any issues with the 2021 recall software update for all JL/Gladiator Jeeps?

I just dropped my '18 JL Sport S off at the 'Stealership' and picked it up the following day. Upon returning home, I went to go out that evening and found it wouldn't start. Checked all the usual challenges, battery, ignition etc. and was a no go.
Further challenges showed my secondary battery was low but not enough to hinder basic ignition. Threw both on a charger for a few hours, still nothing. The only thing I would get is the Xmas tree lights would all go off and the Security light stayed on constantly.

Long story short, I had to end up towing it back to the 'Stealership' for further info.

Inquiring if anyone else has had any recent issues and what resolve you may have come to?

K.M.
Hi K.M,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Jeep Cares

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
my 2019 UR 3.6 motor, while driving the screen would just go black and becomes non responsive. After shutting the Jeep off for a few hours and turning it back on. Workers again. Dropped off at dealer, same old story, ā€œwe canā€™t fix any issues u have unless we can produce itā€. Electrical issues is the main problems with the newer Jeeps.
Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the odd behaviors you've been having with your Uconnect system lately. If you'd like us to look into this for you, please don't hesitate to send our team a private message! We'll need your VIN and any additional details/documentation that you think would be helpful.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all!

K.M.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JL Wrangler - "Recall Software Update" 20210419_192320
Did you receive any paperwork from your dealership service department with TSB numbers or firmware revision numbers? There are a a number of them so not sure what was applied to your vehicle.

In any case sounds like one or both of your batteries are compromised which would cause the problems you described.

Did you measure the voltage of each of your batteries before bringing to the dealership?

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hello all!

K.M.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 JL Wrangler - "Recall Software Update" 20210419_192320
I have a new 2021 4 door Rubicon and one day the start stop system stopped working I took it to the dealership and they had it there for 3 days they told us at first that itā€™s the ECM so they replaced it but told us that the same problem was there and apparently that the ABS light had also turned on, they told us that they were calling a Chrysler engineer to come do some sort of update but Iā€™m not sure
Sponsored