jl rubicon tj rubicon yj cj 8 cj 7 cherokee
let me quess , very poor at low RPM . lol

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Mmmmm, 2 doors

Sponsored

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
K&N has already published numbers for a third gear run. The blue line is the stock run.
https://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/63-1576_dyno.pdf
It appears as though the stock motor put out 225 rwhp, which is about a 20% drive train loss.
I am coming from a car that had 415 rwhp. The Jeep is going to feel sloooooooow when it is delivered. However, I can put the top down and hit the trails in the Jeep, whereas my car would catch its front bumper cover on parking curbs.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
It appears as though the stock motor put out 225 rwhp, which is about a 20% drive train loss.
I am coming from a car that had 415 rwhp. The Jeep is going to feel sloooooooow when it is delivered. However, I can put the top down and hit the trails in the Jeep, whereas my car would catch its front bumper cover on parking curbs.
I’m with ya on that. I sold my 450hp Camaro. This is gonna be my first non v8 in 13 years.

Definitely miss the power already. But I’ll forget about it when the top is off and I’m bombing over the desert.

Sucram

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLUR
Occupation
Nerd Herder
I’m with ya on that. I sold my 450hp Camaro. This is gonna be my first non v8 in 13 years.

Definitely miss the power already. But I’ll forget about it when the top is off and I’m bombing over the desert.
Hahahahaha!!!! I went from a 2DR JK Rubicon to a late model Vette and now in a JLUR..so I fell you. it's been 2 months w the new Jeep but I'm happy with the new trans on the V6. it has pretty good highway passing guts...

Enjoy!

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I've been driving v6's for years(although I had the 60's/70's muscle cars), but

I'm ready for the jeeps v6, I have a RAM if I need power-

Whatever

JIMBO

gspfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WK1 SRT8, Chevy Trailblazer SS
Vehicle Showcase
K&N has already published numbers for a third gear run. The blue line is the stock run.
https://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/63-1576_dyno.pdf
Third gear in seems kinda wonky for a dyno pull.....there’s no way that’s 1:1 on the 8-speed trans.

I’m with you guys, too. We’ll be selling the TBSS for a JL Rubicon before too long. We’ll still have the fast Jeep, though. ;)

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Hahahahaha!!!! I went from a 2DR JK Rubicon to a late model Vette and now in a JLUR..so I fell you. it's been 2 months w the new Jeep but I'm happy with the new trans on the V6. it has pretty good highway passing guts...

Enjoy!
It must be the 98°+ temp here in Texas but my JL feels very sluggish at highway speeds. Especially when above 65-70mph. I know it’s not a light and slippery sports car but with the power it’s supposed to have it drops to 4th and screams to get around trucks at that speed. In fact, it seems to never want to stay in 8th, as if there’s just not enough torque to keep it there. It will stay in 7th on perfectly flat ground with no wind or downhill but as soon as any resistance is felt it drops to 6th or even lower.
Is the wind resistance more than the 3.6 Pentastar can handle? What did the previous 5 speed automatics do??

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara

Enjoy!
It must be the 98°+ temp here in Texas but my JL feels very sluggish at highway speeds. Especially when above 65-70mph. I know it’s not a light and slippery sports car but with the power its supposed to have I don't know why it struggles to pass trucks on the highway doing 70mph. It kicks down to 3rd gear to get enough steam up to get moving. Also, cruising on flat level ground with no head wind is the only way it stays in 8th gear. Any resistance or incline and it drops to 7th or even 6th gear. It just feels very weak and winded after 65mph.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.