Sponsored

2018 JL wiper blades

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My JL windshield used to be difficult to see out of in even very light mist. The wipers would clear but the water would spread and cling to the glass. I tried Rain-X and it was better but did not last very long. Then I switched to PPG Aquapel. It is a LOT better now that I started using PPG Aquapel.

http://www.aquapel.com

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
My OEMs lasted me about two years. No problems until now. The rubber part is coming off and leaves streaks

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have one month old Bosch icons on the front and they skip badly. It's gotten really annoying. So annoying that I end up turning them off or at the absolute lowest setting that works at all. I'll even give it a shot of wiper fluid every couple of minutes until I run out as that helps for a few min. Sucks. Gonna try the oems, I guess.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have one month old Bosch icons on the front and they skip badly. It's gotten really annoying. So annoying that I end up turning them off or at the absolute lowest setting that works at all. I'll even give it a shot of wiper fluid every couple of minutes until I run out as that helps for a few min. Sucks. Gonna try the oems, I guess.
Sometimes the rubber hardens as it ages. I never stock up on wipers because old inventory can dry up even if the wipers are new in the packages. The rubber wipers can be less pliable when temps drop too.

So far I am having good results with the original OEM. It's 12 degrees this morning where I am at. I am on my original wipers that are almost a year old. They still are working fine.

Maybe try applying some water repellant like RainX to the windshield. I use PPG Aquapel.

http://www.aquapel.com/

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Maybe try applying some water repellant like RainX to the windshield. I use PPG Aquapel.

http://www.aquapel.com/
I've found that just waxing the windshield helps a lot and lasts longer than RainX.
A monthly coating of silicone spray will keep the wiper blades from drying out and hardening.
Also make sure your wiper blades are perpendicular to the windshield.

Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Bosch Icon 16A on my 18 and working well.
16A works well for me also.

I remember something about making sure that you hear a click when installing.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I did this to the wipers on my pickup and have had no issues with them since. It used to be I’d only get 1-3 months before they started skipping. They have gone 6 months now and work like new.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I did this to the wipers on my pickup and have had no issues with them since. It used to be I’d only get 1-3 months before they started skipping. They have gone 6 months now and work like new.

Great. What is the conditioner?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
303 Aerospace. The first time I saw this video it mentioned. I noticed this one has it edited out.
Sponsored