OP

mrussell

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Thanks guys. I made an offer today. Didn’t hear back. They are adding wheels/tires and a 2” lift if I buy. Right now we are about $2k apart. If they meet in middle, I’ll be a part of the JL family. I will update asap. Hopefully soon!!!
Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Thanks guys. I made an offer today. Didn’t hear back. They are adding wheels/tires and a 2” lift if I buy. Right now we are about $2k apart. If they meet in middle, I’ll be a part of the JL family. I will update asap. Hopefully soon!!!

A 2" lift is about 3.5 to 4" on a sport...Keep that in mind. If you are only wanting a 2" you might want to look at a rubicon take off suspension.....lot cheaper that way.

okiebug13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I have pulled a 4000 pound bass boat with mine for just a few miles. Maybe your load will be lighter. I would not like to pull my
boat for a 3.5 hour trip it will be a long ruff ride.

OP
OP

mrussell

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m no where near 4K pounds!!!!

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Sign up for the Tread Lightly program and you will get a PIN number from Chrysler that will give you 1% below invoice.

This may help in Tupelo and save you a trip from driving to Jackson or Memphis for a better deal.

As far as towing, I regularly pull a 6x12 tandem axle U-Haul loaded to the Gills for my wife’s business with my JLUR. It toes fantastic—-much better than my JK’s ever did.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mrussell

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Will check out the tread lightly program for sure.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Thanks. Will check out the tread lightly program for sure.

FYI....have to be enrolled for a month before you can get the discount.

OP
OP

mrussell

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, I got ya. Not sure I can wait that long. Have a trip to Florida with the family next week and really wanting to have it by the trip.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Just a heads up. I love the Wrangler but it’s not made for towing. I feel the hitch is more of a courtesy item.

U-haul’s 5x8 single axle utility trailer (their smallest open top trailer) with a four wheeler feels like you’re towing the Challenger space shuttle. The engine labors and the front end feels like it’s going to nose dive into the trees. Take the unstable/wandering issue and multiply it.

It’s fine if you’re going hunting 5 miles down the road but I can’t imagine enduring 3.5 hours on the highway that way. I imagine you’ll need a Benzo and a counselor when you get where you’re going. Air bags definitely help add a little stability.

Granted, I’m coming from a V8 Pathfinder with a 7500 lb tow rating which is no F250 but certainly capable.
Sponsored